Stuck on splashscreen after editin /flash/config.txt for composite output CRT

• I have a raspberry pi 3 b+, using the raspberry pi imager program, After setting up ssh with an hdmi display to edit config.txt to enable composite video output. It's stuck on the splashscreen on my CRT TV. I can see the splashscreen on my CRT TV and can hear ui sounds.
    What can I do to make it work or a version that doesn't have the issue.

Sorry for bad english. I am new here.

• Did the editing in the forum post you linked. When HDMI and RCA are booth connected, the splashscreen briefly appeares on RCA and goes to HDMI with all the ui working. when only RCA is plugged in sometimes after ssh reboot it just gets stuck on hte splashscreen or no output at all. Thank you for your time.

• That's good news. Maybe LE 9.2.8 runs more stable for you - give it a try. You can't upgrade / downgrade among LE 9 / LE 10+. I suggest to use another microSD for tests.

• Sames steps as before on SSH? or just works on the Rpi 3 b+ ?

Only enable_tvout=1 at config.txt, if I remember correctly. HDMI mode also goes to config.txt on LE 9.2.8, if needed.

Use the search function with keyword "CRT" for details. This has already been solved a couple of times.na

• Only enable_tvout=1 at config.txt, if I remember correctly. HDMI mode also goes to config.txt on LE 9.2.8, if needed.

Use the search function with keyword "CRT" for details. This has already been solved a couple of times.na

It's gotten much further than before, thank you. Is there a way to adjust overscan ie. border in the vido output? and the resolution.
    The ui works, but the text is a little hard to read.

• Is there a way to adjust overscan ie. border in the vido output? and the resolution.
    The ui works, but the text is a little hard to read.

See: https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/…deo_calibration

Your resolution is fixed when using composite.

The default Estuary skin is optimised for 1080p (you can use it at lower resolutions but you may find the text is small).

You should investigate switching to skin that better supports low resolution screens.

There was a SD/CRT skin

I found, but it may not have been updated beyond Matrix.

But there are many skins. You may find something that works better.

• So, on LE 9.2.8 I got CRT output to work, but display options are greyed out and the SD skins are far outpaced this version.
    Should I try to make CRT to work on a slightly newer version. Also jellyfin si the main reason I am trying this to begin with

• Are you on "Expert Mode" at display settings? Otherwise "Video Calibration" is invisible.

Always use the default skin for settings. Other skins are often incomplete, and some settings are missing.

LE 9.2.8 is the latest stable CRT version. I suggest to use another microSD to try current LE versions from time to time.

• Do a fresh installation of LE 11.0.3 and follow the instructions in config.txt - this has been tested on RPi3 and RPi4

C
    # Use distroconfig-composite.txt instead of distroconfig.txt to enable
    # composite video output.
    # The composite video mode needs to be configured in cmdline.txt:
    # For PAL add: video=Composite-1:720x576@50ie
    # For NTSC add: video=Composite-1:720x480@60ie
    ################################################################################
    include distroconfig.txt
    #include distroconfig-composite.txt

You can change settings level in the left sidemenu in settings - at the botton it says Basic/Standard/Advanced/Expert

so long,

Hias

• Do a fresh installation of LE 11.0.3 and follow the instructions in config.txt - this has been tested on RPi3 and RPi4

C
    # Use distroconfig-composite.txt instead of distroconfig.txt to enable
    # composite video output.
    # The composite video mode needs to be configured in cmdline.txt:
    # For PAL add: video=Composite-1:720x576@50ie
    # For NTSC add: video=Composite-1:720x480@60ie
    ################################################################################
    include distroconfig.txt
    #include distroconfig-composite.txt

You can change settings level in the left sidemenu in settings - at the botton it says Basic/Standard/Advanced/Expert

so long,

Hias

thanks, i got the overscan calibration, now I just want it to work on my crt(PAL, but it can accept ntsc colours) I am grateful for your time guys(i dont want to assume).

• Only enable_tvout=1 at config.txt, if I remember correctly. HDMI mode also goes to config.txt on LE 9.2.8, if needed.

This and expert setting video calibration worked on my raspberry pi 3 b+ so far. Jellycon addon doesn't seem to install from zip on LE 9.2.8, but I have smb turned on so its a good stop-gap. And the UI likes to freeze with LE 9.2.8 on my raspberry pi 3b+.

Edit: Also it likes to default back to hdmi after reboots even if not attached.

Edited once, last by badi1220: I am an impatiant bummmie. (August 1, 2023 at 4:36 PM).

• LE 9.2.8 is EOL. You have to use the search function to find CRT threads for that version.

To get fresh support from us, use latest stable LE, as suggested by HiassofT . With a current LE version, we are able to fix CRT bugs.

• Well, thank you all for the valiant effort and time trying to help a dingus. I think I will try to make the latest stable version and lurk in the bug reports section trying to give aditional context if I have encountered the specific bug.

• Sounds like a plan.

Instead of debug logging from GUI, it's smarter to use advancedsettings.xml. Set it to log level 2 when you start experimenting with LE 11.0.3.

Right after detecting a bug, login by SSH, run pastekodi, and share the resulting URL. So we can see what happened.