cold reboot needed after mount_storage error at first boot after RPI4 LE12 nightly build on sd card flash

• Hello:

In two cases after flashing two latest RPI4 12 nightly builds on sd card, at first boot, an error like this appears in console:

Code
    error in mount_storage. mount_common: could not mount UUID-xxxxxxxxxxxx ***
    ## Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount_storage... type exit to quit ###

then, as I don't have keyboard available, must cold reboot RP4 and normal boot ensues

note: I had edited config.txt before first boot to add some audio overlay, gpio-ir and little else.

I did a scandisk and failsafe extract the card from a Windows PC card reader, and had used LibreELEC USB-SD Creator to flash without error.

Sdcard is a 128GB microSDXC Canvas Go Plus 170R A2 U3 V30, #1 fastest card for PI according to https://pibenchmarks.com/brand/Kingston…us_%28SD128%29/

Edited 3 times, last by wyup (June 30, 2023 at 7:28 PM).

• Yep, same problem for me. The latest versions of the v12 nightly builds are the exact same.

1). Gotta flash the nightly build on a SD card

2). Insert sd card into RPI4

3). LibreELEC does a file system resize and then reboots

4). error in mount_storage. mount_common: could not mount UUID-xxxxxxxxxxxx *** error starts

5). Gotta plug off the raspberry pi and start it again, and it works!

I really think this needs to be fixed. It didn’t happen in one of the older July releases.