Correct (?) oemsplash.png returns no image on boot

• That's your task.

I believe they won't as it is clearly said only 32bit will do.

They are included in the LE images and shown by default.

Do you see a splash screen without custom oemsplash .png?

Where are they located on the HDD after LE is installed?

No, I don't. Black screen with LibreELEC (official): 11.0.1 at the top left corner.

• I believe they won't as it is clearly said only 32bit will do.

They do (usually) work.

Where are they located on the HDD after LE is installed?

They are included into the internal initramfs of the kernel and not accessible after system is booted.

No, I don't. Black screen with LibreELEC (official): 11.0.1 at the top left corner.

Then splash is not visible on your system.

With this discussion in mind I noticed that splash is not visible when booting LE11 or LE12 in VMWare Player (just a development setup). LE9.2 or LE10 do show the splash.

A debug shell session show the splash is extracted successfully but not visible until redraw due to scrolling.

Maybe something with framebuffer device changes but it is working on my real HW.

• They do (usually) work.

I have tested splash-1080.png and splash-2160.png, both resulted the same black screen and version number. May be that's because of the issue that currently prevents showing splash screens at my LE installation.

Then splash is not visible on your system.

It showed the splash right after initial LE install and up to putting the custom oemsplash.png (exactly that file that is attached to my initial question). Since that moment I've never seen the splash screen again.

It is clear that something has changed right after the LE's first attempt of loading my custom splash. May be I can delete or correct some file or files somewhere in the depths of the LE's installation?

I don't think I suffer without the splash and it would take 5 minutes or so to reinstall LE and restore the backup. So why not to use my (currently) broken LE for testing purposes?

• Splash loading is implemented simple, see here. Look for the file and use ply-image to display it.

So why not to use my (currently) broken LE for testing purposes?

You can add debugging break=load_splash to the APPEND line of syslinux.cfg to start a debug shell after loading the splash. Be warned, this stops the boot process by opening a shell and requires an attached keyboard.

• It is too complicated for me as I'm just a regular user who has hooked a bug by chance.

Lets return to a 100% working custom oemsplash.png which I can put into a right place and see if it works.

Anyone is willing to share one?