[Orange Pi 3 LTS] CEC Causing Problem

• I have several Opi3LTs that lock up and need to be power cycled every couple days. Is there any built in software or hardware watchdogs in the H6 or in this SBC that can be enabled?

I'm looking at building/buying some kind of external hardware based watchdog, but thought I should first check for an easier solution. Of course, ideally I can identify the root cause of the lockups, but thats a topic for another thread... I've been ruling out overheating, power supply and cabling issues, but no luck yet. I'm starting to think that the Opi3lts is so cheap for a reason.

• I've been having the same issue with my Tanix TX6. I've ordered a USB to UART adapter for this exact purpose, still waiting on delivery. The logs on the device come back clean, so we're going to have to see what we can on UART. Not sure if it's the same issue, but if your logs are clean then you'll probably have to look into using UART as well.

• Not sure if it's the same issue,

Just curious, are you using CEC? I disabled CEC under peripherals for these two units and they haven't locked up in the last 48 hours. Of course, thats not too long, could just be a coincidence...

• I do have it enabled but I'm not using it. Could just be coincidence, mine also ran for a few days without crashing at times. We shall find out soon enough. I got the UART adapter, recording logs externally now, just waiting for the device to crash again.

• I think my problem is solved. I disabled the CEC peripheral on both ORangePI 3 lts's, and neither has locked up over the last 7 days.

previously each one was locking up once or twice a day. I had tried different cables, power supplies, nightly beta vs stable builds, etc, nothing worked. Until I disabled CEC. all good now.

this is fine for now, because the flavor of CEC on both of those TV's never worked with Libreelec (not even with a RPI4). But I am curious if anyone out there is actually succesfully using CEC on a OPi3...