No HDMI Audio Output Option RPi4

• Hi All,

after a fresh install, I have no Option to choose HDMI as Audio Output. I'm working on an RPI4b with LibreELEC 11.0.1. With LE 9.2 everything was working fine (same setup). First I had even no Video Output, but after adding "video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60" to the cmdline.txt, the Video was there. I`'ve tried also a couple of different options in config.txt, but with no positive effect. I've tried also different SD-Cards, Power-Supplies and Imager (LibreELEC-Creator and Etcher)

aplay -l lists me two HDMI - Cards, but these information is not finding its way to KODI.

Is there someone facing the same issue? Are there any possible actions to get back the audio? Thanks a lot for your help!

• Go to Best Answer
  • Hi,

Not going to be much help here as I have the same issue but with a CM4 on a CM4-POE-UPS-Base board. I used Pinn-Lite to install RaspiOS and LibreElec as dual boot.

With a Sony HDTV connected to HDMI0 I get audio when booted to RaspiOS but no audio and no HDMI select option in Settings/System/Audio/audio output. I only have Bluetooth default option listed.

I assume there is a config setting in LibreELEC that is not set correctly to see the HDMI port.

• Based on (limited) information provided I'm guessing your display or HDMI cable is faulty and isn't providing an EDID.

This thread may be helpful:

mikeybs
    July 11, 2023 at 4:12 AM
  • Thanks, it was the cable! First I don't want to belive that, related to the fact that Raspberry Pi OS was working (and the old version of Libreelec, i guess 9). But with a new cable I now have a Signal. Thank you