NextPVR add-on issues

• The data screen is not supported in either pvr.nextpvr or the API to the backend. never saw the point to implementing providers as it is mainly cosmetic.

FYI in Tvheadend this works fine; if such items are in Kodi, it would be fine to be supported by add-ons as well - it's useful at least for debugging because from Kodi you can't see this info elseewhere (AFAIK) and sometimes you need it.

The signal strength info can be of value but only for digital tuners and is not multi-platform and is sometimes incorrect. I know when my signal is bad by watching but no doubt technical users who are used to it will miss it.

Well, this looks to be a common Kodi's issue. I have reported that in LE forum a couple years ago but nobody from devs cared about it. So I had to make a custom scripts for my tuners that show that info correctly in right top corner when I activate it by button like you see on screnshot in post #14.

Watching TV and doing an EPG update is not supported and will cause issues. If you must do it issue a pkill DeviceHostLinux in PostUpdateEPG.sh

I understand but it "repaired" the tuning (I suppose temporarily and after reboot or NPVR service restart it won't work again).

Thanks for the additional info regarding to PostUpdateEPG.sh.

I don't know how this works in Tvheadend but it's much better for sure (except the occassional EPG database corruption/screwing).

Perhaps you should consider looking for (conditional, configurable) EPG update after switching channels (switching channels in NPVR is very slow anyway, if it ever works, compared with Tvheadend).

NextPVR logs would tell us why only on frequency is being scanned.

The log posted earlier, hopefully it should be there.

• The channel numbers in NextPVR can be whatever you want assuming you ignore Kodi's odd default to use Kodi numbering.

it looks you have two NOVA and nova. nova on 35 is the one on 498 showing as NOVA here. I am having trouble getting nova on 642 to scan, sub can scan it, his tuners are going to be better than mine.

Regarding your last comments features in NextPVR need to work in Windows and Linux. Tuning is faster in TVHeadend for digital tuner, I would expect 1 or 2 second tuning in NextPVR for digital tuners. The prime focus in NextPVR is on portability and typically recording not, on Live TV, has been the main user focus. Now with 100's of channels people tend not to zap between channels anyway.

However my experience is Kodi users do use Live TV a lot. I would expect pvr.hts to be integrated better since the maintainer is also the main developer for Kodi core..

Note too that the primary client for NextPVR is not Kodi.

• The channel numbers in NextPVR can be whatever you want assuming you ignore Kodi's odd default to use Kodi numbering.

it looks you have two NOVA and nova. nova on 35 is the one on 498 showing as NOVA here. I am having trouble getting nova on 642 to scan, sub can scan it, his tuners are going to be better than mine.

Regarding your last comments features in NextPVR need to work in Windows and Linux. Tuning is faster in TVHeadend for digital tuner, I would expect 1 or 2 second tuning in NextPVR for digital tuners. The prime focus in NextPVR is on portability and typically recording not, on Live TV, has been the main user focus. Now with 100's of channels people tend not to zap between channels anyway.

However my experience is Kodi users do use Live TV a lot. I would expect pvr.hts to be integrated better since the maintainer is also the main developer for Kodi core..

Note too that the primary client for NextPVR is not Kodi.

Sorry to interrupt and hate to burst your bubble but Kodi is THE primary client here. If you want adoption on LE you’ll need to take that onboard. You really should invite the author to join this discussion as I suggested before.

• OK, thanks for the info, emveepee. I understand the devs priorities. It's good when there're concurrent add-ons and everybody has a choice to select the proper one for his specific use case.

• Sorry to interrupt and hate to burst your bubble but Kodi is THE primary client here. If you want adoption on LE you’ll need to take that onboard. You really should invite the author to join this discussion as I suggested before.

Pleases stop trolling me. I am quite onboard with the Kodi client I told you I am the primary maintainer of pvr.nextpvr and ksooo has been helping me out by adding some features that make the pvr.nextpvr integration better. The author is aware of this thread and he (like I am) are interested in helping all our users and all priorities. There are a lot of users running Kodi on Windows with Windows backends too.

• ghtester I was just checking why fullmux642 (with Nova) was not working here and I found that it has 2.89% transport errors. with zero in the others (using tsduck). This could explain why you aren't getting guide data for channels like Nova. Also as I noted NextPVR works with raw ts streams and sends them as-is to Kodi. TVHeadend I believe remuxes them and it is possible that this can help but that it not an insignificant error rate.

• Pleases stop trolling me. I am quite onboard with the Kodi client I told you I am the primary maintainer of pvr.nextpvr and ksooo has been helping me out by adding some features that make the pvr.nextpvr integration better. The author is aware of this thread and he (like I am) are interested in helping all our users and all priorities. There are a lot of users running Kodi on Windows with Windows backends too.

You’re not being trolled. Just pointing out this is an open source Linux based JeOS project. Nothing to do with Windows yet you constantly refer to it. Users here are not crash test dummies for a commercial product.

I cannot speak for other users setup but my TVH streams are passed raw and unprocessed directly to LE client without any issues.

In the spirit of the LE project open source solutions will always be preferred over closed source commercial solutions every time. If you’re in any doubt about that just contact the devs/mods for clarification.

• You asked for ghtester to open an thread to discuss their issues if you want to continue to repeat the same points go back to the other thread and stop interrupting use and move on. He has noted that TVHeadend has issues too.

My unprocessed streams are fine on LE and CE too, I don't have 3% error rate,

My point here was about Windows relate to development priority. If there wasn't a Windows server and Windows drivers to consider, or NextPVR users that want features Kodi doesn't have or don't like, adding support for platform like Roku, LG OS that Kodi doesn't certainly support etc than adding things like adding service and provider information to a Kodi screen would probably be

I don't think any moderator is going to tell users to stop using Emby, Plex or NextPVR with or on LE. Without the closed source firmware distributed with LE there would be no LE, certainly no PVR. In the spirit of open mindedness let the users decide.

• ghtester I was just checking why fullmux642 (with Nova) was not working here and I found that it has 2.89% transport errors. with zero in the others (using tsduck).

This is not the correct mux. I have been mentioned NOVA channel (the name with all capitals) which is on fullmux490.

Yes the error rate is a serious issue (for Kodi live play which is unstable then) but this is not the case as this mux has 0% error. So far I was not able to get the EPG from NPVR for channels you can see on recent screenshots.

I cannot speak for other users setup but my TVH streams are passed raw and unprocessed directly to LE client without any issues.

The same here.

In the spirit of the LE project open source solutions will always be preferred over closed source commercial solutions every time. If you’re in any doubt about that just contact the devs/mods for clarification.

Personally I don't care much about closed sources [as it is sometimes the case (at least partially) even in Linux world] if it's working as expected, does not contain any bloats and even available free.

• ghtester the reason I thought there might be an issue is the guide date you have on Nova (your 35) was what I as seeing on NOVA on 490. I have now found the logs that show a tuning issue during the EPG process for 490 and I will post them for sub.

If you delete the the channels from your tuner( clicking the trash can icon) and re-scan using a conf restricted to the 490 mux are you able to get EPG data?

• Well, I don't want deleting the channels and limit to 490 mux only. Hopefully you should be able to find the issue anyway.

Instead, I tried to clear the EPG data in both NPVR and Kodi, restarted both and expected EPG should be clear. But some channels still kept the EPG data in Kodi. Tried to Update EPG in NPVR, only 2 muxes were scanned (514 and 490), NOVA channel (and most others) still empty.

• No problem. The reason I was asking was to determine if you saw the same thing sub and I did and that is one mux only scanning was working and the problem for you was changing mux as your earlier logs indicated. The two scans I did yesterday seemed pretty complete to Saturday and beyond https://imgur.com/a/yYmwtYm so sub can continue to look at that and not a data issue.

• ghtester let me know if you want to try a pre-release update to one file that should address the server-side issue with the EPG character set and also an issue initiating a parameter for the dvb sub-system used in changing channels. I can provde a link with more details.

If not, this update will be included 6.1.4 which will be released hopefully this coming weekend but it takes longer to trickle down to LE so you would probably need a manual update.

Thanks again for the full mux files, they were of great help.

• Thank you for info & offer, in the meantime I have switched back to Tvheadend which works a bit better for my usecase, so I'll wait and give it a try again when the NextPVR updated version is available in LE add-ons.

• Thanks for your help so far. It will be the same file anyway so figure on 2 or 3 weeks for LE12 and much longer for LE11. You don't have to wait for the addon update, since there is an option in settings to pull the latest update once 6.1.4 is available.