Beelink GT1 Ultimate w/o eMMC

• Hi everbody! It is my first thread on this forum.

I have a semi-dead Beelink GT1 Ultimate, the previous owner sent the device to repair where they removed the flash chip but never replaced it with a new one, IDK why...

I don't have the right equipment to reball/replace the chip so I want to boot libreelec from the micro SD.

I can't do it, here is the serial log:

I using Khadas VIM2 Uboot, I write it with DD (Git Bash) like that:

Code
    dd if=u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/sdb conv=fsync,notrunc bs=1 count=444
    dd if=u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/sdb conv=fsync,notrunc bs=512 skip=1 seek=1

I using a 8GB MicroSD and I write the image (LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.2-box.img.gz) with LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe. I have set the DTB file in the uEnv.ini, i tried multiple versions and I still got this CRC error when the kernel loading. Unfortunately I can't find another uBoot which boots correctly.

What do you think? Maybe this device has problems with RAM too? It is a G912 version with DDR4 3 GB and an LTM8830 wifi module.

Or is it the removed eMMC and I have to configure something to bypass it completely?

Thanks in advance!

• You'll probably need to make a custom LE "board" image that uses https://github.com/LibreELEC/amlo…ter/beelink-gt1 so the board is using the correct FIP sources for upstream u-boot support. Those are extracted (by me) from the original Beelink u-boot sources. This will also allow you to boot u-boot with the correct board dts. Use the GT1 (non-ultimate) dts in extlinux.conf as this supports the QCA9337 wifi chip; the ultimate dts expects a Broadcom device.