Setting up Bluetooth receiving - What worked for me

• I just want to leave this information somewhere, because it took me quite some time:

PROBLEM

I had successfully connected my mobile to LE via bluetooth (LE settings addon) and was able "play" audio from it. The mobile displayed the play progress, the bluetooth adapter blinked, but there was no sound on any of the audio output devices connected to the system. Kodi menu sound was there though, so audio output in general worked.

SOLUTION (ymmv)

- Do https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/…tooth-receiving to set up BT receiving

- Note the audio sink you want output to got to from the pactl list short sinks call, e.g. alsa_output.platform-aml_m8_snd.45.analog-stereo

- According to https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/…o#configuration and in /storage/.config/pulse-daemon.conf.d/custom.pa add:

Code
    load-module module-udev-detect
    set-default-sink alsa_output.platform-aml_m8_snd.45.analog-stereo

- Turn off "Keep audio device alive" in Kodi, otherwise Kodi will block the output device and no bluetooth sound will be heard until it lets go of the device again (default is 1 min)

It might make sense to add that to the wiki. It would also be cool to e.g. have an option in LE to select this device in the LE addon, write it to custom.pa, kill PulseAudio and restart it. If that would work for Bluetooth audio sources too LE would have a complete GUI solution.

• Hi,

I've tried it exactly like you described but after a reboot LE shows some error messages at boot time (something about beeing unable to start pulseaudio service) and I am not able to connect my phone via bluetooth anymore.

My default sink is called a little bit different (it's a hdmi output) but other than that my I tried to follow your steps exactly

Got an idea?

I concur with your suggestion: It would be nice to be able to do this via GUI witch would be less prone to human error.

What really baffles me: One would think that playing audio from your mobile device via KODI in e.g. your living room, where a nice sound system is connected, would be a more useful scenario than playing audio from your KODI to a bluetooth speaker.

Yet bluetooth receiving is quite cumbersome to set up and you only see very few a forum posts here and there about it.. Most of them pretty old.

• Just create a small script and run this