RPi 4 + LibreElec 11: problem with HD USB after connection of a device

• Good evening

I have a Raspberry PI 4.0 4Gb with LibreElec version 11.0.1.

Everything worked fine, with a connected Western Digital 4TB usb 3.0 hard drive, which is powered by its own power supply, plus a non-powered usb 2.0 hub, which I use to connect pendrives, an IR remote working via USB stick and a mini keyboard which communicates via its USB receiver.

Tonight the keypad was low on charge and not working properly. To which I connected it with the Raspberry PI to take charge, but the problems started : it stopped seeing the 4TB HD.

The problem is that if I disconnect the USB cable or power off the HD the system notifies me that it has been disconnected, but reconnecting it does not tell me that it has been detected, only further disconnections are notified.

The HD is accessible when connected to a PC, although it actually gave me problems at first when trying to copy stuff onto it, as the copy window closed. Then I tried to read some files and since then it allowed me to write as well as reading.

My suspicion is that, having also attacked the keypad, the RaspberryPI has overloaded and messed up something related to the rights of the HD.

But I have no idea how to check it or how to fix the situation.

Of course I tried to disconnect all other devices apart from the TV and the remote control.

Do you have any ideas about it?

Thank you

• Without logs a guess would be that your disk is failing or your file system is corrupted. Copy what is important from your disk to another disk and format your drive.

• Hi,

Attach the disk to a windows system and choose to repair it when prompted. This seems to happen frequently with LR 11, I'm guessing the dirty shutdown flag is set on the disk and the repair will clear it.

David

• Make sure you safely remove the drive in LE / Kodi befoce disconnecting it - just like you would/should do in Windows or any other OS

so long,

Hias