Odroid C2 latest libreelec?

• Hello everybody,

I have an odroid C2 which had initially LE installed. At the time I think that coreelec was pushed as a candidate platform for its processor so I migrated to that one. It's been running

CoreELEC (official): 9.2.8 (Amlogic.arm).

Now a couple of months ago, taking a peek at the coreelec information I got the impression that its processor line would not be supported for future kodi upgrades.

Today I was browsing the available LE builds since I have the hardware to upgrade my Intel-based build and taking a peek at the respective Amlogic downloads there seems to be one for Kodi 11!

I'm delighted to see that happen, but I do not understand some things and please accept my apologies in advance for the idiotic questions to follow:

a) is this an experimental build?

b) would I be losing something (performance/features) compared to my current build? IOW, is (for example) some decoding now made in software, whereas in coreelec 9.2.8 was made in hardware?

c) Last but not least, how did you manage to do your magic, whereas it was not possible in the CE builds? :)

I'd ask for a migrate procedure CE -> LE but it's already covered in Odroid C2 update from CoreELEC to LibreELEC is it possible ?

Thanks in advance for any information provided!

• Please read the LE11 release notes, they explain the current state of things fairly clearly. Updates are not supported; clean install only.

• Please read the LE11 release notes, they explain the current state of things fairly clearly. Updates are not supported; clean install only.

Thanks, I read the release notes and read this thread as well. I'm not use I understand correctly something though: is the AMLGX build for C2 providing hardware or software decoding for HEVC and for H.264?

• H264 and HEVC are both hardware decoded. H264 playback/seeking works well. HEVC playback works wel, but seeking doesn't always work so great - the decoder is unfinished. AMLGX will not be for all users and all media, but it's easy to experiement on a spare SD card.