Libreelec on Steam Deck

• I would like to be able to boot into libreelec on my steam deck. I did manage to get it installed on a microSD card and booted into it. The problem is the screen is rotated and in portrait mode. Can anyone point me in the right direction for screen rotation on this device?

• To rotate the screen on your Steam Deck when booting into LibreELEC, you can try the following steps:

Boot into LibreELEC on your Steam Deck.

Open the Terminal app.

Type the following command and press Enter:

xrandr -o left

This should rotate the screen 90 degrees counterclockwise.

If the screen is still not oriented correctly, you can try other rotation options by using the following commands:

xrandr -o right (rotates the screen 90 degrees clockwise)

xrandr -o inverted (rotates the screen 180 degrees)

xrandr -o normal (restores the screen to its default orientation)

Once you have found the correct orientation, you can save the settings by creating a configuration file. To do this, type the following command and press Enter:

sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-screen.conf

This will open the Nano text editor.

In the text editor, paste the following lines:

Section "Screen"

Identifier "Screen0"

Option "Rotate" "left"

EndSection

Replace left with the correct orientation option for your setup (e.g., right, inverted, or normal).

Press Ctrl+O to save the file, then press Ctrl+X to exit the editor.

Reboot your Steam Deck to apply the new settings.

After following these steps, your Steam Deck should boot into LibreELEC with the screen rotated to the correct orientation.

• Note that "xrandr" is no longer available in the default Generic (x86_64) image as it switched to GBM/V4L2 graphics with LE11. You would need to use the "Generic Legacy" image which uses the older Xorg graphics stack.

• Note that "xrandr" is no longer available in the default Generic (x86_64) image as it switched to GBM/V4L2 graphics with LE11. You would need to use the "Generic Legacy" image which uses the older Xorg graphics stack.

Thanks, I can use the legacy image. It appears that a mod deleted the xrandr instructions posted above, is that because they were incorrect?