Kodi 20.1 - x264 1080p 50Hz issue

• Hey,

I have upgraded to libreelec 11 (kodi 20.1) and I had some issues with playback of x264 1080p 50hz streams.

I play them from the VRT (belgian TV) addon which uses Widevine.

I'm using the newest version of Widevine and all addons are up to date.

Playback works but i get microstutters on certain VOD episodes.

It's only happening on certain streams of VRT, others play perfectly.

Whitelist is updated according to WIKI and sync framrate at start/stop is set.

I am using a raspi4 as hardware.

I saw in the release notes that you should set force_overclock=1, tried this but this did not help with the microstutters.

These episodes used to play fine in libreelec 10, I double checked with episodes I have already watched.

Any ideas on what I could try ?

• Hello,

I am just want to tell you that If you are experiencing microstutters on certain video streams after upgrading to LibreELEC 11, there are a few things you can try to improve playback:

1. Adjust video playback settings: Try adjusting the video playback settings in Kodi to see if this improves playback. You can access these settings by going to "Settings" > "Player" > "Videos". Try adjusting the settings such as "Hardware acceleration", "Deinterlace method", and "Sync playback to display" to see if this improves playback.
    2. Clear Kodi cache: Clearing the Kodi cache can sometimes improve playback performance. You can do this by going to "Settings" > "File Manager" > "Profile directory" > "Database" and deleting the "Textures13.db" file.
    3. Disable or adjust video processing settings: If you have video processing settings enabled such as sharpening or noise reduction, try disabling them or adjusting them to see if this improves playback.
    4. Check for updated add-ons: Check for any updated versions of the VRT add-on or any other add-ons you are using to see if they address any playback issues.
    5. Try a different video player: If the issue persists, try using a different video player such as VLC or MPV to see if this improves playback.

I hope these suggestions help improve your playback experience. If the issue persists, you may want to consider reaching out to the Kodi community or VRT add-on developers for further assistance. DQFanSurvey

Edited once, last by cohS5eijoh (March 29, 2023 at 12:48 PM).

• Sharing debug log-files, else all we see is another user expecting us to divine the problem using magic and we'll go find someone else to help.

chewitt : I played the file with debug logging enabled.

You can find the .zip with logs here :  Debug logs

The file was playing from 18:57u - 19u01.

For completenes : force turbo was enabled as well

I had to upload the zip to file.io because for some reason pastkodi didn't work neither did uploading from the libreelec plugin. I grabbed the .zip via SMB.

• chewitt

Could you PM me about what addon is banned ?

Sounds logic that you can’t post it here.

Because to my knowledge I’m only using addons from the official repo and the ones that are not from the repo come from Kodi’s official forums.

But maybe I missed something! Or there is an old repo somewhere lingering around from testing.

If you could give me a hint, I will remove that specific addon and make a new debug log.

Thanks !

• chewitt

Thanks for the help,

Indeed there were some old repo's lingering around.

I removed them, rebooted and took a new debug log with the file playing.

Right now core_freq_min=500 (as instructed in the release notes) is enabled instead of force_turbo=1.

I try to avoid setting force_turbo=1 if it's not required for anything.

Anyhow core_freq_min=500 or force_turbo=1 doesn't matter which one I set, microstutters remain.

I'm running this on a raspi 4, 4gb.

The file (VRT.NU stream) is playing with debug enabled from 14:43 till 14:50.

Logs : log-2023-04-01-12.43.51.zip