Wifi issues - RK3399 PINE64 RockPro64 802.11

• Hey all,

I'm trying to set up LibreELEC on my PINE64 RockPro64 and I'm having a few issues with connecting to my network via wifi. I can't really find any great information about it through googling so I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I think the issue here is with software in LibreELEC or with something I am doing incorrectly at the OS level but I can go to the hardware for support if someone can show me how to figure that out.

I used the latest (as of 03-22-2023) 11.0.0 arm image and wrote it to the SD Card.
    The WIFI Module is plugged in.

I can see the wifi networks in Settings > LibreElec > Connections but I cannot connect to the network. I continue to get the error invalid-key.

I've checked my password is correct in my router configuration and I'm 100% sure it's correct.

Plugging in Ethernet I can SSH into the machine and check the network configuration.

iwd seems to detect the module and it seems to work ok with those 3 slightly worrying lines at end.

I added a /storage/.config/system.d/iwd.service file where I added the --developer option to the ExecStart option (Is this the right way to modify system.d daemons?)

I'm not sure why the operation keeps failing. I can garuntee the passphrase is correct. I'm even copy pasting it in to the same result. I'm not sure how to continue debugging the issue either. Any suggestions?

I do have some questions about where the WIFI module wire/antenna is supposed to go that aren't really covered in any of the docs I've looked into. It has a tiny bit of exposed metal wire with an adhesive pad and I keep wondering if I'm supposed to put that somewhere. It is currently just stuck to the side of the case. The docs I've looked at for the WIFI module are:

• Have you tried to get the WiFi module working in Armbian to confirm it actually works.

• Have you tried to get the WiFi module working in Armbian to confirm it actually works.

I have tried it in Armbian and received the same result. I'm suspecting the WIFI Module, or antenna might be the culprit. I've started a ticket with Pine64's support team and will keep y'all updated

• I have tried it in Armbian and received the same result. I'm suspecting the WIFI Module, or antenna might be the culprit. I've started a ticket with Pine64's support team and will keep y'all updated

Good luck with that.

I ended up buying a RPI WIFI dongle which used firmware that Armbian recognised. As far as I can remember this is it https://thepihut.com/products/usb-w…he-raspberry-pi

I couldn’t guarantee that it would work in LE but it might be it’s cheap and worth a try if you need WIFI. Personally I’d ditched WiFi in preference for wired Ethernet.

Development on the RockPro64 is practically non existent and only for LE I’d be using the board as a door stop.

• hm... its been a few minutes since playing with boxes and I realize the post is a bit old but for the sake of others looking... I have built and currently run a Rockpro64 with LibreELEC 11.04 and wifi using Pines wifi sub-module works fine for me as well as BT...

I stopped by because I am working on a HK1 Rbox R2 (rk3566) and noticed this post and thought i would respond regarding Pines Wifi adapter for the Rockpro64 as it's worked on any of the boards ive used it on.

Your right tho as for dev on the rockpro64 not being the greatest... Armbian works ok but unless your willing to use Docker on your build machines it is way to much grief trying to get it to build properly. Personally i don't use docker or containers for any sort of development tho i am sure there are others who prefer them. anyways take care.