Change label of an NTFS drive?

• I'm trying to create a standalone media player. I want to change the label of NTFS drives but the recommended method of using "ntfslabel" doesn't work. I am a newbie to this stuff, but I've gotten very far in this project so far and I probably don't need this to work to make the whole project work but each disc is holding one tv show, so I would like the user to be able to copy over a show and then have the label automatically adapt to whatever show is on the disc. I've been trying to manually change the label but I think that's a mistake because I already ran some code I didn't understand and it wrote the label to the wrong location, lol. I am on a raspberry pi 3, and the ntfs drives are connected through a sata to usb adaptor. I'm using the newest libreelec for raspberry pi 3.

Edited once, last by PCycle (March 20, 2023 at 6:46 AM).

• There should be more Lego based cases! :S

tune2fs -L newlabel /dev/sda1 <= where /dev/sda1 is the NTFS partition that you want to change the label for.

• That is giving me a "bad magic number error" I believe it's because ntfs-3g package, or driver or whatever it's called is missing.

LibreELEC:~ # tune2fs -L newlabel /dev/sda1

tune2fs 1.46.6 (1-Feb-2023)

tune2fs: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sda1

/dev/sda1 contains a ntfs file system labelled 'Batman Animated'

LibreELEC:~ #