AMD Ryzen Shutdown Problem (LE 11)

• Hello,

I would like to ask for your help with Libreelec version 11.

It is not possible to stop or restart the PC. When stopping, the process stops at "Systemd-Shutdown {1}: Powering Off" with the process "Systemd-Shutdown {1}: Rebooting". I can only turn off the PC manually. Libreelec-geneic.x86_64-11.0.0.img.gz I installed a picture due to the HDR option. I tried the Libreelec-Generic-Legacy.x86_64-11.0.0.img.gz image (no HDR option here) but the same is the case. Furthermore, the system freezes in the standby state.

PC configuration asus b450-i latest bios, AMD Ryzen 5 3400U.

PLEASE HELP !!!

• Hello, I tried the newer version "Libreelec-geneic.x86_64-11.0.1.img.gz" but the situation is the same. the PC does not turn off. I can only turn it off manually. Please someone help!

• Looks like LE can't unmount all drives. kodi.old.log contains more info about the last faulty shutdown.

• activate log level 1 by creating an advancedsettings.xml file
    • reboot
    • replicate the issue by shutting down
    • reboot
    • login by SSH
    • open kodi.old.log by using the editor: nano /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log
    • copy and paste the content to PasteBin
    • post the resulting URL, so we can have a look
    • close the editor by Strg + X
  • Thanks. The shutdown procedure at kodi.old.log looks good to me.

Can you say something about your hardware drives, especially about /flash?

My current theory is that LE's installation drive has errors. There are free hardware diagnostic tools, which can run from USB stick. So I would run one of those tools, and check all drives.

• I modified syslinux.cfg

Code
    DEFAULT linux
    PROMPT 0

LABEL linux
    KERNEL /KERNEL
    APPEND boot=UUID=26A7-AC96 disk=UUID=46a8717a-cc95-4aec-835b-0600f1db5eca  quiet toram

This will unmount /flash

But the problem still exists.

kodi.log.old

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Unfortunately, the grub setting did not help. I installed LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0.4.img.gz image. Shutdown, restart and standby work perfectly with this version. I hope the problem will be fixed in the next version. Thanks!

• Thanks for the feedback. You can also try LE 12 Nightly. IF "Generic" doesn't work, try "Generic-legacy".

On SSH terminal for "LE 12 Generic":

Code
    cd .update
    wget https://test.libreelec.tv/12.0/Generic/Generic/LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-12.0-nightly-20230422-eb9ba2d.img.gz
    reboot

or "LE 12 Generic-legacy":

Code
    cd .update
    wget https://test.libreelec.tv/12.0/Generic/Generic-legacy/LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64-12.0-nightly-20230421-705e682.img.gz
    reboot
  • I will continue testing with nightly releases. The "generic" version would be the right one because of the HDR display. I will report back if there is a positive change. Thanks again!

• Just reporting that i have the exact same issue, on the 10.0.4 works perfect, but with the 11 & 12 nightly (up till April 30th) restart/reboot does not work - system hangs with same message.

• Just reporting that i have the exact same issue, on the 10.0.4 works perfect, but with the 11 & 12 nightly (up till April 30th) restart/reboot does not work - system hangs with same message.

Then you also know what to do next: log file please.

• having the same issue with vanilla LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64-11.0.1

Log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cant seem to umount the loop device manually either.

• sIRwa2 Thanks for the log. I don't see any errors at the end of it. Usually unmounting a device fails, if it contains errors.

Can you download a tool to check all your internal partitions? (boot start from USB stick or CD)

• scan and repair did not find any issues.. was impossible to get the test report out. why is linux sometimes SO user unfriendly? (yes i know why but arg..) anyway problem still persists. i can try and run it again if you like to review the reports.

installed LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0.4.img but same thing. Could it be an ssd thing?