MPD Front-End Request (Upmpdcli)

• Hola,

First of all, I am not a computer developer or into computer science, I am just a user that could follow instructions.

Having said that, months ago I have discovered MPD and it's sound quality killed me, and I realize that others programs, such as Volumio, uses MPD as the music player. As Anewmission wrote before in the OP, I like the music collection and the look and feel at the screen while Libreelec is playing music, to view the art of every cd, Etc.

My first dream is having MPD as a sound player for libreelec with all those music addons and music files playing through MPD with the best quality, even just for music playback and when I searched for this in the forum and reading post about this idea it looks difficult to implement.

My second dream is using the MPD addon (as I am using now to music and online radio) but adding upmpdcli as a binary addon and connect Libreelec DLNA server to play to upmpdcli as a front end for MPD. This option could be maybe more easy to implement and I think we can play from Libreelec rendering to upmpdcli having the look and feel of Libreelec with the sound of MPD.

Please do not take this ideas the wrong way, I know this is open source and the work of the developers is in own time and cost. But I really would like to see this as a lot of people is doing right now with BubleUPnP.

Thanks.

Adiós.