LibreElec 11.0.0 on RPi4 4GB connected to Sony KDL 50W656A Remote control not working

• Hi, I hope you are doing well.

Since updating the last time before 11.0.0, I think, the ability to control LibreELEC through the TV Remote has not been working for me.

I downloaded the iso for the latest 11.0.0 and installed it to an sdcard with BalenaEtcher so I could try it as a clean install.

The TV's remote control still does not work. I did a factory reset for my tv which didn't help.

I reinstalled an iso for RPi2 and put it in my RPi3 and now the remote control works.

I would just like to report this and ask if more people have this issue. I tried searching the forum for 'RPi4 CEC' but didn't have time to go through all results.

Thank you for your hard work. I've enjoyed LibreElec on RPi since 2 and I love it.

• Last year when looking to upgrade to a Pi4 from my current Pi3s I initially had problems with this on my Panasonic TV. Eventually with one of the nightlies I found a sort of fix - a few almost random key presses on the remote and Kodi started to obey it.

Today, after checking out the other problems I had had which are now resolved I started the changeover to find that the TV remote will no longer work and I can't find any way to get it working this time.

I've been struggling since September 2021 and it looks like I'll be going back to the Pi3s yet again

• I have the same issue; my remote on my LG TV no longer works after upgrade to 11. In my case, it's RPi2

Mines working now, courtesy of ardaoktay . Looking at this thread about an unofficial build of 11, I saw that there was a CEC fix. So I figured I'd give it a go (with the '.nocompat' file workaround for my Pi2). Low and behold, it works! I have a working remote on 11.

Perhaps the fix can be shared between developers?

Edit: well, it WAS working! My Pi crashed and the remote was not working after reboot.

• I finally found a way of re-enabling the remote on my Panasonic. It goes along the lines of:

1. get Kodi up and running

2. turn TV off and back on

3. press the eHelp key on the Panasonic remote, move up/down on the menu

4. exit eHelp

5. turn TV off and on again

I think that's what it was. Why/how it works is beyond me.