Playback on some files is completely bugged (red and blue artefacts)

• Hi,

I just installed libreElec. On some files, the video looks like this :

I have no idea why it looks like this. I though it could be related to the HEVC encoding, but some HEVC files play perfectly fine and some look like this. The whole UI is like this too, it's not only the movie behind it.

What could be the cause ? What should I do ?

Thanks in advance for any answer, have a great day

EDIT : I am not 100% sure, but it seems to be related to yuv420p10le colors. I noticed the problem on other files that are encoded this way. Is there a way to play them ? Maybe by changing player settings ? I have a lot of files encoded this way.

• My first guess would be a hdmi cable that can't handle the pixel frequency of the hdmi mode.

What hdmi is mode is running? (e.g. 4kp60 or 4kp30). A debug enabled log file would answer some of these questions.

As test, can you force kodi to 1080p60 (set that is system/display settings and disable adjust refresh rate in video settings).

Does the video now play with correct colours?

• My first guess would be a hdmi cable that can't handle the pixel frequency of the hdmi mode.

What hdmi is mode is running? (e.g. 4kp60 or 4kp30). A debug enabled log file would answer some of these questions.

As test, can you force kodi to 1080p60 (set that is system/display settings and disable adjust refresh rate in video settings).

Does the video now play with correct colours?

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. My libreelec is in 4k30. I don't understand why it doesn't let me set 4k60 as I have my xbox using the same AV receiver and TV and it can perfectly do 4k60. I checked the hdmi cable of the raspberry and it is hdmi 2.0 so it should allow 4k60 too.

If I set kodi to 1080p and disable adjust refresh rate, and try to play the same movie, I have no display. I don't understand what's happening, the screen is just black (no UI) until I stop the playback (from yatse).

Here is the debug log of this :

Hostux PrivateBin
    Visit this link to see the note. Giving the URL to anyone allows them to access the note, too.
    paste.hostux.net

Thanks in advance for any answer, have a great day

• Please update to the current LE 11 beta; there are lots of fixes and enhancements for various RPi related screen issues. There will be no fixes for anything found under LE 10 now so best to start fom the current/active codebase.

• Please update to the current LE 11 beta; there are lots of fixes and enhancements for various RPi related screen issues. There will be no fixes for anything found under LE 10 now so best to start fom the current/active codebase.

I just updated to 11 beta 2 and all my problems just vanished ! The same files now play perfectly without a single issue ! Thanks !