System monitoring tools

• I have been trying to find a light weight system monitoring solution for a while, however I didn't manage to discover any ideal one.

I hope it has graphic visualization feature for the CPU, GPU, RAM and network usage. Also it shows the status of docker containers like what docker ps shows.

I know that using ssh and CLI like htop and docker can do the job but I prefer a more effortless way such as opening a app or a web page and getting all of the data with beautiful visualization.

I have tried some solutions like Netdata and Grafana but they are not lite and clear enough and has too much unnecessary features.

If there is not such kind of tools, maybe I should try to develop one. I think the first step is to create an API endpoint which returns those system info in real time. Since I am not a web developer and it will be my first full stack project, if anyone have any suggestion especially about the backend technique, feel free to let me know. It would be highly appreciated!

Edited once, last by PeterW (February 26, 2023 at 9:49 AM).

• There is a prometheus agent add-on for LE users that want to monitor stats on their HTPC (everyone else prefers to just watch movies). If you are trying to develop an application; LE is the wrong codebase to work from as our distro packaging will be rather restrictive.