Posts by PeterW

I have been trying to find a light weight system monitoring solution for a while, however I didn't manage to discover any ideal one.

I hope it has graphic visualization feature for the CPU, GPU, RAM and network usage. Also it shows the status of docker containers like what docker ps shows.

I know that using ssh and CLI like htop and docker can do the job but I prefer a more effortless way such as opening a app or a web page and getting all of the data with beautiful visualization.

I have tried some solutions like Netdata and Grafana but they are not lite and clear enough and has too much unnecessary features.

If there is not such kind of tools, maybe I should try to develop one. I think the first step is to create an API endpoint which returns those system info in real time. Since I am not a web developer and it will be my first full stack project, if anyone have any suggestion especially about the backend technique, feel free to let me know. It would be highly appreciated!

i915 is built into the kernel and cannot be configured via modprobe.

i915,enable_fbc=1 i915.enable_guc=3 has to be added to the kernel command line. Do

Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash

and edit /flash/syslinux.cfg

Thanks mglae. Can I ask how to edit this syslinux.cfg file? I tried to append the i915,enable_fbc=1 i915.enable_guc=3 to the end of the file but it didn't work:

Code
    # cat /flash/syslinux.cfg
    DEFAULT linux
    PROMPT 0

LABEL linux
     KERNEL /KERNEL
     APPEND boot=UUID=F63B-7AD8 disk=UUID=390293bc-8d49-44c6-899b-c140ad611242  quiet
     APPEND i915,enable_fbc=1 i915.enable_guc=3

Hi,

I have got a MeLE Quieter 3Q Mini PC with Celeron N5105 and installed LE nightly version. The system works perfect but it looks Jellyfin is not able to use the video card to transcode video and subtitle. If the client doesn't support the video format, it just stop playing. Only the audio transcoding works.

I did some search and I am sure the configuration on Jellyfin web app is correct, the only thing I am not sure is that if the driver is configured properly. It looks I need to enable GuC by adding something to /etc/modprobe.d/i915.conf

Code
    options i915 enable_fbc=1 enable_guc=3

However LE does not have this config file. I noticed some people said the necessary firmware is "ehl_guc_70.1.1.bin" and it's actually available already:

I don't know if it means everything is setup correctly or I need to do some extra configuration. The fact is video transcoding is not working. It would be appreciated if anyone can let me know what to do.

the kernel is:

uname -r

Thanks in advance!

I have the issue. Please see the log below, my ip is x.x.4.144

I have noticed that LebriELEC is using cubic for congestion control which is not as good as bbr. However, I did't find a way to enable it as the files in /etc is not modifiable.

# sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_available_congestion_control

net.ipv4.tcp_available_congestion_control = reno cubic

Anyone knows how to install BBR on LibreELEC?

info about my system:

hardware: Pi 4b

kernel:

# uname -r