LibreElec Update not available

• Hello everbody,

I use LibeElec with my Eminent EM7680 Streamer and a long time ago I disabled the automatic update (and forgot about it ).

Now I want to update to a newer version of LibreElec (my current version is 9.0.5.) so I switched to auto update but nothing happens.

When I select manual update and I click on "available versions" the list is empty.

I tried a wired and wireless internet connection but there's no update available for me.

Can somebody explain to me, how to update LibreElec on my Device?

• The last Amlogic legacy kernel image we released was LE 9.0.2. Your box is currently running an unofficial fork of our OS that was created by Eminent so it would be their responsibility to provide updates. Presumably they did at some point since the version number is higher.

There is no official LE 9.2.x image (with Kodi v18) but dtech released an unofficial image that might work on the device (not sure if the image supports S905X though). There are no official or unofficial LE10 images as we discontinued Amlogic support for that release. The Eminent website currently links to the CoreELEC fork who released a Kodi v19 image (although that release is also discontinued now).

The latest LE11 beta (with Kodi v20) resumes basic Amlogic support and should run on the device; but please read the LE11b1 release notes on the website (and the link to the wiki) before you decide to update as the release, while usable, is not as feature complete as the legacy images and won't suit everyone's media needs. If you choose to use the AMLGX image, the "meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb" file should work, although a custom device-tree is probably needed to get WiFi/BT working as IIRC the box has a Realtek module (not Broadcom). It's not hard to make the device-tree if you can share "pastekodi" boot logs once the image is installed.