How do I run ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/myRemote at startup?

• I'm following a tutorial on YouTube, and to summarise, it is basically this. I have the remote working when I run ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/myRemote manually. But I obviously want it to run on startup.

The tutorial says to add the command in .config/autostart.sh but this location doesn't exist for me. I'm guessing it's old. I found a thread on here where someone wanted to mount a samba drive on startup and they were told the autostart.sh hack wasn't really a sensible idea.

Anyway, I've tried to run this command as a cron job, it didn't work. I didn't even get any errors in the log file I told it to make. I made it a script which I made executable with chmod.

I played around with systemd but it didn't work, and also I didn't really know what I was doing anyway. So that could be me why it wasn't working.

What's the best way to do this?

• This should not be necessary as one-time keymap configuration is enough if you configure the /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg file properly. Then just run the ir-keytable one times with auto-load parameter (for instance ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0 ).