LibreElec image for Nexbox A95X R1 with Amlogic S905W.

• Hi all,

I thinking to buy cheap android box as my player for 3D projector (3D SBS movies avi format encode with XVID codec, resolution 1600x450) Found on ebay Nexbox A95X R1 1GB + 8GB with Amlogic S905W (in auction title is S905X but on botom sticker S905W) Wonder if someone can write me LibreElec image name I can use? Need to have SPDIF passthrough working for Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS.

Thx.

• The best device for 3D support in LE is a Raspberry Pi 3B+ running the LE 9.2.x image; newer images use a revised video pipeline that doesn't support 3D yet (and maybe never will since it's not a big priority these days) and there is no support for 3D in the current Amlogic releases. It might work in older Amlogic releases but you can expect limited/no support on those now (different codebase, all the developers that hacked it are long gone). If you go RPi, use a simple HDMI > S/PDIF splitter for audio (or a DAC card, but that costs more).

Or you can use the cheap Android box with Kodi on Android .. which prob. works enough for playing occasional 3D movies.

• I don't need special 3D support. I want to play that movies as normal avi files encoded with XVID home profile. Till now I used Nexbox A95X with Amlogic S905 but this android box dont have SPDIF port. I found on ebay Nexbox A95X with Amlogic S905W + digital SPDIF and wonder if can install any libreelec. Didn't find any topic with that box and working image.

Like I said before, want only play 3D avi files (resolution 1600x450, encoded with XVIDEO) with DD 5.1 or DTS audio passthrough (via digital Spdif to my home cinema audio)

• The AMLGX image can support an S905W box but (to state it again clearly) it has no support for 3D media. The legacy kernel S905 image has some level of support for 3D media (but never tested by me .. I never bothered with 3D hardware or media) but here is no longer any support for the legacy S905 image and I doubt it works with a random S905W box.

It might not have been the "Yes, please purchase some cheap rubbish Android box and we'll make it work for you" answer you wanted, but if you want good 3D support on a cheaper device .. I gave you an option.

• Thx for image name. I don't need 3D support from android box, my 3D movies are standard avi files with not standard resolution, no bluray image or big mkv files. If android box with libreelec can play it with audio passthrough via spdif, it will be all what I want. :) My 2nd A95X with libreelec 8, play that files without any problems, only don't have SPDIF output.