RPi2 upgrade to 10.0.4 causes crashes after start

• Hi,

I am upgrading from 9.2.8 which worked fine. Now, after upgrade LibreELEC keeps crashing/rebooting until finally loads into safe mode.

Right before the crash for a few seconds a dialog claims that Kodi needs to refresh media info from files.

The log is available here: http://ix.io/4mrx

I've removed my PHAT DAC and external drives to ensure a clean system, the problem still persists.

Any idea how to make it work (not in safe mode)?

Thank you!

Ps.: If it can't be made to work, is a there a guide how to put back files under .kod.FAILURE to their original places after downgrade?

• I am upgrading from 9.2.8 which worked fine. Now, after upgrade LibreELEC keeps crashing/rebooting until finally loads into safe mode.

So apparently your upgrade which worked fine, is not fine. This is self-inflicted punishment for ignoring all the DO NOT DIRECTLY UPDATE FROM LE9.x to LE10.x (or LE11.x) BECAUSE IT WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS type warnings and blog posts we made in the last 18-months since LE10 launched advising everyone to do a clean install. In 99% of cases the problem is older Python2 add-ons which are not compatible with the now Python3 only environment .. causing Kodi to crash when it loads them.

If you can SSH in "systemctl stop kodi && mv /storage/.kodi/addons /storage/.kodi/addons-old && systemctl start kodi" should solve the initial problem by removing all add-ons; allowing Kodi to start without crashing. Then you can (re)install them from compatible sources.