LibreELEC doesn't start after the first installation

• Hi,

I've just installed LibreELEC x86_64-10.0.4 on my thin client Fujitsu S740 (Intel Celeron j4105/Gemini Lake/Gen 9.5)

Unfortunately LibreELEC can't boot.

During instalation I seleted 8GB SATA SSD disk to install LibreElec system.

Unfotunately I can't see this HD disk when I want to select it (in the BIOS) as bootable disk.

Fujitsu S740 has only UEFI BIOS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

I've tried to install the newest nightly build 'LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-nightly-20230126-52cf225'' but it didn't help.

Still after installation my system doesn't recognize internal 8G m.2 SATA bootable disk.

See log:

20230127072420.log - Pastebin.com
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.
    pastebin.com

What can i do to move on?

Edited once, last by bern (January 27, 2023 at 8:01 AM).

• From a web search your Fujitsu S740 seems not to boot from /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI of the internal disk by default.

Unfortunately efibootmgr to set an EFI boot entry is not part of the installer image.

Is there a menu in the UEFI BIOS to create boot entries?

• Is there a menu in the UEFI BIOS to create boot entries?

Thanks for replay. Yes I can select bootable disks and put them in desired order. I can also use F12 key to call boot menue during startup.

Today I experimented a bit and I took this M.2 SSD out and put it in the M.2 to USB 3.1 adapter and after instalation I can sellect this disk as bootable. It works but it is inconvenient. I'd rather have this SSD inside.

• There is a community User Guide for the Fujitsu S740. Unfortunately in German, you may have to use a translation service.

The original links of the following line shows the Linux boot problem:

Code
    - Linux bootet nicht? Booteintrag muss manuell angelegt werden (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
  • There is a community User Guide for the Fujitsu S740.

Thanks for providing a source of valuable information for my hardware.

I was able to find a solution to boot issue.

I installed LibreElac normally (on my SSD) and then booted from GParted Live on USB.

I opened the terminal and used a command:

Code
    sudo efibootmgr -c -d /dev/sda -p 1 -l '\EFI\BOOT\bootx64.efi' -L "LibreELEC"

After a reboot LibreElac boots from SSD normally.

Edited once, last by bern (January 29, 2023 at 1:54 PM).