Help to Unbreak Amlogic SS5B7BA_ME003 Device Name: DreamMax B9S2

• Pls help, I think I breacked my tv box When trying to run libreelec, I just but the sd card my device stopped, I tried to flash any rom with amlogic burning tool its stopped at 2% the device is always connected to the pc without pushing the recovery button, there are no point to be shorted to do short pin method, I bought UART and connect it, attached the log for good working device and for the breacked device

device specs

Amlogic

SS5B7BA_ME003

Device Name: DreamMax B9S2

ROM 8GB

RAM 1GB

S905D

the old working rom is

BeoutGO-V2
    www.mediafire.com
  • You've erased u-boot. Your best hope/option going forwards is to find an Amlogic burning tool image on freaktab or similar. We have no real expertise or interest in Android images, and that's what you need to restore a working boot environment.

• Dear I already found an image and now I can burn up to 7% then its stopped and I can access the debugging mode through UART, I think there are some kind of protection on emmc , I can run some commands put its refused all command of update, attached the log file of the new image, can any procedure or commands solve the problem ?

• You've erased u-boot. Your best hope/option going forwards is to find an Amlogic burning tool image on freaktab or similar. We have no real expertise or interest in Android images, and that's what you need to restore a working boot environment.

Dear I already found an image and now I can burn up to 7% then its stopped and I can access the debugging mode through UART, I think there are some kind of protection on emmc , I can run some commands put its refused all command of update, attached the log file of the new image, can any procedure or commands solve the problem ?

• If there was write protection on eMMC all writes would fail, so partial write (7%) means there is probably an issue with the eMMC chips, or the power supply which causes instability during writes. It's a common issue with older and cheaper Android boxes due to age/wear on eMMC chips and the low-bin/low-quality components used.

7% restored means that some boot code (u-boot) exists on the box now and this should be enough to boot LE from SD card. We don't support installs to internal storage on random Android boxes so you will need to run LE from an SD anyway. Use the AMLGX Android "box" image with the toothpick method to hook into u-boot. You will need to experiment with different device-tree filenames in uEnv.ini to find something that works with your box. If the box has Gigabit Ethernet the S905D vero4k-plus dtb will probably work. If the box has 10/100 Ethernet the p212 dtb should work.