libreelec touch screen drivers for pi 3b+

• OK, then I keep this thread, and delete the posts in the other thread. We don't want double-posts.

So you said you want to use this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/155244952918

yes it came with a card on how to install the drivers but its for Raspbian OS, LCD-show but I want to use LibreELEC with the touchscreen

yes it came with a card on how to install the drivers but its for Raspbian OS, LCD-show but I want to use LibreELEC with the touchscreen

• It's possible to copy the GitHub folder to LE. However, the problem is the install script LCD35-show at the end of the card.

That script refers to the driver tft35a.dtbo, which is not available on LE.

there's got to be a way to make it work, or I'll just get a different touch screen that doesn't use the GPIO, I found a 7" touchscreen that uses the display connector on the pi

• When you read your microSD on a PC, have a look at the /LIBREELEC/overlays folder. It contains all supported touch screen drivers as .dtbo files. If your 7 inch works with one of those, you're lucky.

• You can also view the overlays folder from SSH under /flash/overlays, but it's read-only at first.

Read here, how to make the /flash folder writable: Click!

Copy the file tft35a-overlay.dtb to /flash/overlays/tft35a.dtbo:

1. cd /flash/overlays
    2. wget https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show/raw/master/usr/tft35a-overlay.dtb
    3. mv tft35a-overlay.dtb tft35a.dtbo

After that you have to add some lines to /flash/config.txt:

Code
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    dtparam=i2c_arm=on
    dtparam=spi=on
    enable_uart=1
    dtoverlay=tft35a:rotate=90
    hdmi_cvt 480 320 60 6 0 0 0
    hdmi_drive=2

Eventually you also have to change the resolution at /flash/cmdline.txt.

Reboot, and see what happens.

• I dont see /flash/cmdline.txt I do see it in the root, it has boot=UUID=1510-0002 disk=UUID=1d2456fd-f3e0-4c17-b0ad-8bc237d5b0cf quiet

• I dont see /flash/cmdline.txt I do see it in the root, it has boot=UUID=1510-0002 disk=UUID=1d2456fd-f3e0-4c17-b0ad-8bc237d5b0cf quiet

I'm using LE 10.0.3, and I have /flash/cmdline.txt at the right spot. Do you really use LE? Not sure whether it works at your spot.

Use the search function from LE's main page to find the syntax. The needed resolution is described at LCD35-show:

Code
    hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=1
    hdmi_mode=87
  • I'm using LE 10.0.3, and I have /flash/cmdline.txt at the right spot. Do you really use LE? Not sure whether it works at your spot.

Use the search function from LE's main page to find the syntax. The needed resolution is described at LCD35-show:

Code
    hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=1
    hdmi_mode=87

I allready added that to the config.txt, the cmdline.txt has this boot=UUID=1510-0002 disk=UUID=1d2456fd-f3e0-4c17-b0ad-8bc237d5b0cf quiet

• I allready added that to the config.txt, the cmdline.txt has this boot=UUID=1510-0002 disk=UUID=1d2456fd-f3e0-4c17-b0ad-8bc237d5b0cf quiet

It has no effect at config.txt. You have to append the resolution to the above line by using a specific syntax (search please).

Eventually you also have to remove the other options starting with hdmi_ from config.txt, and append them to the above line. I'm not familiar with the syntax of cmdline.txt.

• It has no effect at config.txt. You have to append the resolution to the above line by using a specific syntax (search please).

Eventually you also have to remove the other options starting with hdmi_ from config.txt, and append them to the above line. I'm not familiar with the syntax of cmdline.txt.

I still don't get it or understand