is it possible to downgrade python version without use a old image libreelec ?

• Is it possible to downgrade python version without use a old image libreelec ?

The addon "script.arctic.zephyr.mod.autocolors" seems cause issue Libreelec "crash loops" with lastest Libreelec 11 and Python 3.11.x

script.arctic.zephyr.mod.autocolors

Uninstall "script.arctic.zephyr.mod.autocolors" fix "Crash loops" in all case

When I try a old image Libreelec 11 with python 3.9.15 all is fine.

(LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-nightly-20221013-6285fc1.img.gz)
    On windows OS and Kodi 20 RC1 all is fine too.

The issue is not on librelec side but here is full log after a crash is someone ask :

hastebin

So I m not a python expert but if I can test latest code and python 3.9.x I will be sure the issue with addon "script.arctic.zephyr.mod.autocolors" is related to python version and not an other side effect.

So any answers are welcome
    Thanks

Edited once, last by Nanomani (December 20, 2022 at 11:24 AM).

• SEGFAULT due to null pointer access in elementtree, no idea about the cause:

Indeed addon author have found a same issue after parsed the skin settings.xml for the daynight.autocolor Setting with xml.etree.ElementTree.

The addon "script.arctic.zephyr.mod.autocolors" was updated to fix that :

Anyway thanks your time and your feedback that help a lot.

Experiencing the same issue with TMDbHelper and a couple of my other addons using ElementTree. Wondering if this will be fixed or if we will need to wait on an upstream fix in Python?

If waiting on an upstream fix, I can tell ELEC users how to disable those features. Not really an ideal approach though considering ET is part of the Python standard library and is particularly useful in the context of Kodi due to skinning being XML based.

• Are there other reports for Python 3.11 too? E.g. with Fedora 37 or Archlinux?

More detailed research in LE requires using a debug image.

There's been reports for Android but not so much other Linux.

EDIT: Just had someone report same issue on Ubuntu 22, so not limited to LibreELEC. Reported the issue on xbmc github since the issue seems to be platform agnostic: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/22344

However, it seems to occur more frequently on ARM chipsets and not so much on x64, which would explain fewer reports on "normal" distros. Running Generic-Legacy LibreELEC in a VirtualBox VM on my laptop (Intel i7) I've been able to make the issue occur twice but it seems relatively difficult compared to the reports I'm getting from ARM users.

I've got a couple of users who can reliably reproduce the issue on ARM devices as soon as we enable the API which parses XML data via ElementTree. See specifically this comment (first issue was addressed but second one is the ElementTree issue) https://github.com/jurialmunkey/p…ment-1364672534

And here's the two crash logs from my VM with backtrace showing elementtree thread segfaulting.

hastebin

hastebin

Edited once, last by jurialmunkey (December 31, 2022 at 1:34 AM).