LibreElec with Pi 3A+ for continuous slide show of photos and videos

• Is there anything special that needs to be done for using a Pi 3A+ with 512MB of RAM? My application is a continuous display of photos and videos in a folder on the SD card, I have a n autoexec.py that sets it up. The issue is that LibreElec keeps resetting periodically in the sense that Kodi restarts, or even gets stuck totally. There are some old threads which reported some issues, but perhaps they have been resolved now. In particular, is there anything that needs to be changed in config.txt with regard to graphic memory? This is with the latest LibreElec, 10.0.3.

rpi3 and LibreELEC 8.0.0.0 - the config.txt shown here is very different from what is there in my installation, which just has the following lines for gpu_mem. If videos are H.265, will that pose a problem with either the Pi 3A+ or the 3B+?

# Default GPU memory split, 76MB are needed for H264 decoder

gpu_mem=76

TIA.

Edited 2 times, last by engrnls (November 27, 2022 at 4:27 PM).

• i personally ran into allot of issues running this o.s. on an RPI 3A+. Constant freezes and crashing. It may save you allot of time and headaches to just find another board that has a minimum of 2gb of ram. It simply crashes out due to memory limitations. No matter how you attempt to allocate it.

The 3A+ would constantly freeze while even scrolling the main menu with movie poster art or even attempting to watch a full movie.

Once I upgraded to a pi4 2gb and a lepotato 2gb my freezing issues disappeared. ( out side of user erorr lol)