Raspberry pi 4 dual HDMI out sporadically connecting to AVR

• Hi

My pi is setup with the two HDMI ports, first goes to 4k tv for video second goes to my Anthem MRX as audio which is not 4k but can decode the HD sound tracks from Dolby and DTS.

Over the weekend libreelec showed mrx500 in system as audio and once selected my video to tv was 4k and adio was showing as DTS HD or true DD also under the audio passthrough options i could select the HD sound format options for my receiver. After a reboot those options have gone and so has any mention of the MRX500.

This has happened a few times now it's there, then disappears. Is there something I can add to config.txt to keep the mrx500 available?

• You could try installing permanent EDIDs with "getedid create" (run that when the AVR showed up in audio settings) and/or add "vc4.force_hotplug=3" to /flash/cmdline.txt

Depending on the actual issue one of those options might be sufficient or you might even need both.

BTW: To remove the permanent EDID run "getedid delete" and reboot - you also need to do that if you want "getedid create" to read new EDIDs from TV/AVR (eg when switching TV/AVR or HDMI ports).

so long,

Hias