How to add Bluetooth for Games Controller?

• Hi

How do I add Bluetooth to my HTPC so I can add a games controller, any old USB Bluetooth adapter do?

I recently upgraded my Intel i3 ITX HTPC to LibreElec with Kodi Matrix.

I would like to try the retro gaming stuff.

However when I go into the LibreElec Settings no Bluetooth interface is found.

Thanks.

• I found an Asus BT USB adapter in a draw and plugged it into the HTPC.

In terminal lsusb I saw this:

```

Bus 002 Device 007: ID 0a5c:2148 Broadcom Corp. BCM92046DG-CL1ROM Bluetooth 2.1 Adapter

Bus 002 Device 006: ID 0a5c:4503 Broadcom Corp. Mouse (Boot Interface Subclass)

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0a5c:4502 Broadcom Corp. Keyboard (Boot Interface Subclass)

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0a5c:4500 Broadcom Corp. BCM2046B1 USB 2.0 Hub (part of BCM2046 Bluetooth)

`

In LibreElec Bluetooh is enabled under Services area.

Now when I go to the Bluetooth menu it says "No Bluetooth device found. Please put your Bluetooth device into discovery mode and start the scan"

Before this area just said "No Bluetooth Adapter found".

I have a Gioteck WX4NSW-21-MU Black wireless controller.

I just updated the firmware OK on the controller via my Windows PC.

The instructions for the controller here say to Press the Y button and Home button for the pairing mode.

I have tried this however nothing happens in LibreElec and the controller is not paired.

Any tips ?

Thanks.

After several attempts the Bluetooth area of the LibreElec Settings now says:

Pro Controller Connected: No

And shows what looks to be a MAC Address.

I then selected this and got a new menu with:

Pair

Trust and Connect

Delete

Refresh

I tried Trust and Connect and now it says Connected: Yes

Controller still not working however and moving me around the UI.

Looking in Kodi System Settings and "Configure attached Controllers" I see there are some game pad profiles you can choose from. However there is no profile for this particular Gioteck WX4NSW-21-MU.

So what does that mean? That I cannot use this controller ?

Thanks,

Edited 2 times, last by cw-kid: Merged a post created by cw-kid into this post. (October 24, 2022 at 2:03 PM).