LE 10.0.3: Freezes at Splash Screen

• Hey. First time libreelec installer, plenty of previous Linux experience if you need more info, but I'm not very well-versed on Xorg and driver stuff.

Trying to install 10.0.3 on a new x86 minipc (https://store.minisforum.com/collections/am…x-manjaro-linux) that has a Ryzen 5 3550H with Vega 8 graphics. This came pre-installed with Manjaro, and that worked swimmingly.

Current experience

1. Bootup is a blank screen for a long time (maybe 2-3 minutes?)

2. Eventually gets the Flower logo splash screen, which hangs.

This happens both when running installed on an nvme and also from a usb stick running "live". I was able to run "live ssh", and get logs:

Logs: http://ix.io/4dxa

Search for "cut here" and you'll see a series of warnings, not sure if they are relevant: WARNING: CPU: 7 PID: 1 at drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c:7391 amdgpu_dm_atomic_commit_tail+0x2218/0x22a0

I can see that it can tell what kind of gpu I have, and uses the appropriate xorg config:

Oct 18 19:00:16.316034 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Starting configure Xorg Server for amdgpu...

Oct 18 19:00:16.405926 LibreELEC Xorg[487]: ### starting Xorg with ' vt01 -s 0 -noreset -allowMouseOpenFail -config /etc/X11/xorg-amdgpu.conf' ###

There are some various warnings around the audio and bluetooth startup that seem like red herrings to me. In this particular startup, I'm connected with the onboard audio disabled at bios, but that didn't change the outcome.

Here's /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old, as well: http://ix.io/4dxj I'm not sure if there is an old version because it did some kind of x restart.. again, this is the liveusb, so that should all be fresh from memory wipe.

Other things I've tried:

1. Removed all USB devices, disconnected network.. just power and HDMI

2. Removed all USB devices, disconnected network.. just power and DPORT

3. Tried it on a different display

4. Disabled AMD CSM in BIOS

5. Disabled onboard audio in BIOS

6. boot params: live radeon.si_support=0 amdgpu.si_support=1 (i'm really not too familiar with recent history in amd/radeon support, so why not randomly type things i googled)

7. boot params: live radeon.cik_support=0 amdgpu.cik_support=1 (yeah, googled a bit more and these seem like relics, but at least I tried.)

Haven't tried:

1. Downgrading and installing 10.0.2 or whatever previous versions.. new user, so I have no idea what's useful to try there.

No changes in behavior from any tests. Please let me know if I can provide other logs, or if I can run other experiments, and thanks in advance for your time.

• Additional logs: systemctl status xorg.service on system that's been sitting at flower splash screen for 5 or 10 minutes:

I performance systemctl restart xorg.service, from ssh. command was hanging, so after about 20 seconds, checked journalctl, and saw:

Code
    Oct 18 20:07:22 LibreELEC xorg-launch[1374]: (II) AMDGPU(0): Initializing kms color map
    Oct 18 20:07:22 LibreELEC kernel: [drm:drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_dependencies] *ERROR* [CONNECTOR:77:DP-1] flip_done timed out

That's the last successful status line, followed by a drm-related error.

Few minutes later, similar line:

• Well! 10.0.2 booted right up! I'm happy to help troubleshoot further if anyone wants to dive deeper, but otherwise, I'll just move on with my 10.0.2 life.

(mods, could this be recategorized as a bug report or something? let me know if i can help)

• AMD support has always been (and continues to be) a little bit of a lottery. It might be worth experimenting with LE11 nightlies; newer kernel and drivers and we also switch from Xorg to native GBM/KMS.

• I use a Ryzen 3 3200U with vega3 for at least 18 months now and had no issues with version 10, 10.1, 10.2 and 11, this one with HDR.

So maybe, just maybe it is version 10.3?