Trigger a connection to hotspot

• I've had a look around in Libreelec settings and searched the net but haven't found an answer to this. (I'm a linux novice so if there's an alternative way via cron or something I may need someone's help with the commands...)

Anyway, the RPi 2B+ at my Mum's place does not have internet access. She uses it for local movies. But I've just taught her how to use some catch-up TV add-ons for a limited few hours per week of streaming when she's missed a TV ep. I set up her S7 hotspot and the add-on settings so it's pretty good over mobile access.

The problem I've encountered is, when I turn on the hotspot it takes some time for Libreelec to connect - and teaching her how to manually do this will be confusing. I know I could just be more patient but I waited 5 minutes today and surprisingly still wasn't connected. Also, when looking at the available connections in settings sometimes even this list is delayed to populate with networks.

I figured there might be a setting for refreshing available networks, and wondered how long this is typically?

An even better solution would be something like this. I'm using a mod of Estuary and put all the add-ons in a page on its home screen. It'd be great if I knew there was something that caused the connection refresh to be triggered when (or before) someone accesses these add-ons. But I'm not sure if there's a simple way for a skin to trigger this.