How can I gain internet access in this scenario without using a mobile hotspot?

• Hi, so I’m on holiday right now and have bought LibreELEC (on a Rpi4) however the WiFi provided requires you to log in on a website. This doesn’t work on LibreELEC, at least not to my knowledge. The idea I’ve had is using TetherMe on jailbroken iOS to USB tether the WiFi and connect it to the Raspberry Pi however this doesn’t seem to work as nothing happens apart from the phone getting charged. If anyone knows how I can make it work that would be great and if anyone has any other ideas that I can try that would be good too

• Code
    cd /storage/.config
    cp /etc/connman/main.conf connman_main.conf
    sed -i 's/TetheringTechnologies = wifi/TetheringTechnologies = wifi,ethernet/g' connman_main.conf
    reboot
    <ssh in again>
    connmanctl tether ethernet on

^ This enables Ethernet tethering. You can now connect the RPi4 to the Hotel WiFi and connect to the RPi4 using an Ethernet cable connected to a laptop. The laptop will obtain a private IP from the RPi4 to browse the Internet; which will be blocked, but you'll be prompted for access details that you can enter in the laptop browser. The Hotel WiFi then sees (and remembers) the MAC address of the RPi4, so as long as you remain a guest (or until you're forced to reauthenticate again) you can remove the laptop and use the RPi4. To remove the tether, SSH to the RPi4 and run "connmanctl tether ethernet off" - the RPi4 will be on the .1 address of whatever private subnet is used for the tether.

If no laptop, there's no way around the problem.

• Would it be possible to configure the wireless tethering (with additional USB WiFi dongle supported by kernel) while connected to WiFi AP through onboard WiFi adapter?

• I've not tried that, and I don't know how it would work out, but I do know there are no controls to select which WiFi interface on the host is used for a tether. That's because ConnMan was originally designed for mobile phones where there is only ever one interface for each technology, so the controls are intentionally simple.