Usb installation stuck at splash logo

• Hello,

i'm trying to install the latest version of libreelec 10.0.2 on a laptop. After having created the bootable usb I insert it in the pc and it is stuck on the splash screen.

My pc has an intel pentium 3530 and an nvidia geforce 820m. I've used ubunut for a while and I never got problems.

Thanks

• Reports of "Stuck on Splash" almost always means "GPU not detected" .. the OS will be running fine, but no GPU means no GUI to overwrite the Splash screen. Search for a "LibreELEC" device on the network and access the Logs folder over SMB to generate a zip with the system logs that can be viewed or shared for clues on the problem. If the laptop has multiple GPUs it's best to disable one in BIOS; the Intel GPU should be better supported than the nVidia one. You can also try a current nightly from https://test.libreelec.tv to see if that's any different.

• Hi, thanks. Few questions:

Search for a "LibreELEC" device on the network and access the Logs folder over SMB to generate a zip with the system logs that can be viewed or shared for clues on the problem.

In this case I should be able to have the device connected to the netowork. I tried to attach an ethernet cable but no new device is added to my local network.

If the laptop has multiple GPUs it's best to disable one in BIOS

Unfortunately my laptop's BIOS hasn't this option visible....

Then I tried with a legacy test version of libreelec, specifically the LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64-11.0-nightly-20220916-0ad8826 with no result.

Any other ideas? Btw the nVidia gpu should support nvidia propietary driver 390.xx

• You can add "textmode" to kernel boot params in syslinux.conf .. this will boot the device to a text console (no GUI) so with a keyboard you can poke around to figure out if there's an issue with Ethernet and see what's being detected GPU wise.

• Thanks will try it

EDIT: Doesn't boot on text mode either, removed also the quiet option. Now I'm getting some verbose info and after less than a sec than the boot logo appears the text appearing stucks and a thing I've noticed is that also the usb led indicating disk operations shuts off.

This is my syslinux.cfg

Edited once, last by alessio (September 19, 2022 at 6:26 PM).