Videoplayback Quality issue LE 10.0.2 RPI3 when using built-in wifi.

• Hi all,

I cam across the issue that the video/audio sync getting asynchronious as well as a sligher speed up of the video when using the raspi 3s built in wifi chip.

This issue occurs occasionally after a short while of watching videos.

It does not matter, whether watching .ts or .mv files via smb or using an addon like Disney+ or Netflix etc.

The issue disappears when turning off wifi, then switching ethernet on, if disabled and further on using only ethernet.

Who has also came across that issue?

Cheers

• I had that issue once, it was caused by the case I was using, I was using a armor case which is just a big heat sink and 2 little fans. It was blocking the wifi and bluetooth. I had to look up how to turn it off the internals and use an external adapter for both wifi and bluetooth. You can find these adapters on amazon, make sure its raspberry compatible. (canakit wifi and cable matters are pretty descent)

• Hi,

The wifi hardware present on the RPi3 have "limited capacities". I have 3 RPi3's in local network, only one using wifi connection (don't have lan cable at that place). I had some issues with built-in wifi and live TV, mostly stutters. I resolved by using an cheap USB-Wifi adaptor with external antenna. To disable the built-in wifi in "config.txt" add this line: dtoverlay=disable-wifi

That RPi3 with wifi connection I'm using now with latest LE10-nightly, not too often with TV, don't noticed any audio-video async or other issue (very-very-very seldom green artifacts on HD channels, probably because of new deinterlacing method, wasn't present with LE9 when I changed to USB-wifi).

• Hi,

thanks for all your thoughts on this matter.

Please note: It was working a long time with wifi. No laggs, no asynchroniousity appeared.

But then one fine day, it started to happen.

I need to find out whether or not this is a bug in KODI or in LE and how to troubleshoot it.

Lastly: By the time I use ethernet connection, the issue seems to disappear but I am already on ethernet connection only and switched off wifi and the issue just came up again.

To me it looks like a cache issue again in KODI just like it occured in the early days of KODI.

• Hi,

Another thing what I experienced, with more or less same issue, was connected to display settings and the media FPS.

In my case the Live TV have 50Hz FPS, and when the display (TV - HDMI) was set to 1920×1080@60Hz, got sometimes audio-video async issues.

That was some time ago, and after that I always used the Display/TV (Settings --> System --> Display --> Resolution) at 1920×1080@50Hz.

Try to change in the settings the display resolution, maybe you will find one without async issue.

Do you have set something in the Settings - System - Display - Whitelist?

Kodi and LE is an amazing combination, but sometimes need a bit of patience and sweat to have all working well and as we like it.