Music Player Hangs on Pause LE10.0.2 RPi 4

• When the Music Player is paused for an extended period, it sometimes won't come out of pause. The GUI works, the Play/Pause button toggles, the counter goes to -0:00, but it won't resume playback. Previous/Next buttons work, the cover art and Title text changes when selected, but it still won't advance the counter or play audio until a reboot. Then it will then work fine pausing/resuming for a matter of hours, or a few days, until it stops working again.

Debug Log from immediately after problem occurred: http://ix.io/49C2

This is a clean install of LibreELEC 10.0.2 Official on a fresh RPi4 (4gig) with new CanaKit power supply and Geekworm case, so the hardware itself should be functional. I also have an Apple TV with Mr.MC playing files from the same NAS without trouble.

Thanks! I appreciate all the work that goes into coding, and troubleshooting, such a cool product.

• Thanks for the suggestion; I've just turned off DRM Prime decoder, and will post results later.

The unit had frozen last night while paused, after 4 days of working fine, so its also had a fresh reboot.

Just to be clear, I'm having trouble with the Music Player freezing on pause, and don't use this RPi for video playback.

• Disabling the DRM Prime decoder has had no effect, but thanks again for the suggestion.

The Music Player still hangs on pause. The RPi had been rebooted from the previous hang only a day earlier, and it had been paused for less than an hour.

• The crash log doesn't provide enough info to understand the problem.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Sorry about the delayed response, but I've sorted through a few mysteries. It took a bit to figure out the cryptic error messages; it turns out the Debug Log has been too big to upload to pastebin successfully.

I'm coming to believe that the problem is with the DD-WRT v3.0-r49567 NAS, or at least LE10.0.2 Official's interaction with it, as MrMC on APTV accesses the same NAS without the music player hanging on Pause.

I've figured out that when the music player hangs, I don't need a full reboot to restore function afterall. Making the video player play a file seems to reestablish the connection to the NAS, and then the music player will come out of pause and continue playing.

I've also noticed that occasionally, the music player skips in the middle of a song, then moves on to the next song and keeps playing.

FYI, here's a dreaded snippet of the error log, useless though it may be to some, it's the best I can do in this case:

"Process - <smb://192.XXX.XX.X/MusicFiles/XXXX.flac> source read failed with -1!"

"unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'

2022-11-14 14:24:54.565 T:20561 ERROR <general>: Read - Error( -1, 103, Software caused connection abort )"

My next step is to update to the latest DD-WRT and see if that helps. Other suggestions appreciated. Thanks again!