LibreElec 10.0.02 not booting after color screen on RCA out

• I bought a new raspberry pi 4 4GB, finally found one in stock. It came with Kodi/libreElec installed on a micro sd card already.

I went onto the sdcard and edited the config.txt file to add enable_tvout=1, I pressed enter and added sdtv_mode=2 for my PAL television..

I checked it out on a hdtv,, and it boots fine into the menu. I then connected it to a analog tv. I get the color splash screen,, but then the video signal stops..

I tried googling for a solution but nothing came up.. If anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it..

• I should've looked further..

HiassofT clearly explained how to do it here

HiassofT
    November 10, 2021 at 4:27 PM

Thanks HiassofT!

• It now boots to the LibreElec splash screen, I don't see a version number, but I'm guessing that is just about outside the tv frame. But it gets stuck now on the first LibreElec slash screen after the Raspberry Pi color splash..

I tested it again on a HDTV and it boots fine. on a analog PAL rca out, it is stuck on the second opening screen.

I tried googling it, I did look further than last time. But I don't see people posting the same problem.. If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful.

• I would much prefer the newer version... but I'm guessing the devs haven't gotten around to fully implementing it yet.. I'll save that microsd card and try again in a while. I tried looking around how to get a log file if it won't even boot.. but couldn't find it..

On another sd card I'll install an older version that at least works on composite output..

• Please test with the latest LE10 nightly build from here
    https://test.libreelec.tv/10.0/RPi/RPi4/

ISTR 10.0.2 had some (composite) bugs that are fixed now.

Editing distroconfig.txt isn't ideal (as it will be replaced on updates) but should work - better keep a copy of it when you got it working.

I've thought about better solutions like having a separate distroconfig-composite.txt but while working on that composite configuration in RPi kernel/devicetree changed again and I decided to wait a bit until things had settled.

so long,

Hias

• Thanks for the reply, upon the first boot I did see the text alongside the splash screen. Then the reboot came, I saw the color splash screen and then it got stuck on the libreElec screen again.. It does look like I need to go back to LibreElec 9 to have it on a analog tv.

Thanks for the assistance again though.

• I just tested on a clean installation with the latest LE10 nightly build https://test.libreelec.tv/10.0/RPi/RPi4/…-5504109.img.gz, changed distroconfig.txt, config.txt and cmdline.txt as outlined in my post you linked to and it worked fine (running on PAL, 720x576).

I suggest you do the same - the SD card came preinstalled with kodi and you upgraded to LE10 it could be there's some crap on the installation that prevents kodi from starting (and upgrading eg from 9.2 to 10 isn't supported at all - it can work but often it doesn't).

Also make sure everything in cmdline.txt is on a single line and you don't omit the "e" on the video setting - you have to use eg

video=Composite-1:720x576@50ie

otherwise you just see the LibreELEC splash screen - kodi will start but you don't see it's splash or GUI.

so long,

Hias

• It works now! Thanks HiassofT! I think the distroconfig was a big problem for me. I added in your line instead of editing an existing line..

I learn a lot everytime setting up a raspberry pi,, but by the time I have to set another one up I seem to have forgotten a lot too..

The help from the forums is greatly appreciated.

Edited once, last by Daikath (September 2, 2022 at 11:21 AM).