LibreELEC Tvh-addon with Technotrend TT-connect CT-3650

• Hello,

Recently i bought a Technotrend TT-connect CT-3650 (has CI adapter) in order to use it with encrypted channels

Based on the readings on other threads i should be clear on the details of what i am using so here are all my info :

Currently running a fresh install of the latest LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-10.0.2.img.gz and flashed on windows with the LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 on a raspberry pi 3b+ on a sandisk 32gb card.

The Technotrend TT-connect CT-3650 devices has an external power-source, so this is not currently getting powered via usb.

On some forums people manage to use LibreELEC flawlessly by installing the following add-ons : tvheadend42, oscam, virtual.dvb-tools, virtual.network-tools, virtual.system-tools

(i have also a pi 4 with several xbox tunners that work without any issues so this PI3 is solely to solve the encountered issue )

Server : 4.2.8-36 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v10.0.0.125

Configuration version:24

I think the drivers are working somehow correctly because if i want to see any unencrypted channels it works, profile pass using VLC on windows.

But when i try to watch any encrypted (CI card was tested on TV and works.) , on the status tab -> subscription -> state column goes from state to bad and dies.

The device is reconigzed by the LibreELEC (configuration - > dvb inputs -> tv adapters) as 2 things :

General folder : /dev/dvb/adapter0 [Philips TDA10023 DVB-C #0]

1st thing : NXP TDA10048HN DVB-T #0 : DVB-T #1 -> not enabled

2nd thing Philips TDA10023 DVB-C #0 : DVB-C #0 -> enabled

Mentions : no edits or setups were furhter made except ths defaults ones.

The command : # dmesg | paste outputs :

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This : [ 16.795120] dvb_ca_en50221: dvb_ca adapter 0: Invalid PC card inserted :(

More info after searches on google :

If I take out the CI card wait a few seconds , then reinsert it , i get the following message in dmseg

Code
    [ 2037.752048] dvb_ca_en50221: dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully

but

in the tvheadend log i receive :

Thank you for your time,

Alex

Edited once, last by alexgoaga (July 28, 2022 at 12:02 PM).

• I managed to make it kinda work, there should be a daily reboot, but still : there is a very very old version of libreelec 1.1.1 patch made by crazycat69 that works on pi3 (not pi3 b+ / neither to say pi4) with images for additional dvb drivers. When you start the device with that you have to uninstall the oscam patch (if installed) then from the addons choose the base kernel drivers or something like that.

I will try to refind the download link or post another one here , home i have on my desktop the downloaded image.

• So basically for other people with my case , what i've dug up and managed to work

There is a guy called "crazycat" who developed a separate build containing multiple driver options with the help of another hero "cvh" and unfortunately works on raspberry pi3 (simple , not working on pi3b+ or further) : heres the link : http://cvh.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC/8.2_…vb-1.1.1.img.gz

With this image, you can flash it using the official libre elec software, had a problem on the first time but my sd was kinda dying so...... if it fails try on another card.

Search in the libreelec driver module and switch, i think it was to le default drivers, and reboot the device.

?key=cdcc5f374bc505e69f975109117747bc6bb20acf096d27379ce812c74e5ebb01-aHR0cHM6Ly9pLmliYi5jby9aNmZLTjdqL3NjcmVlbnNob3QwMDAucG5n

After that install you can install from the addons features : tvheadend server 4.2 but after that go back into libre elec and config this addon to start with a 10+ seconds delay ( makes a whole functionality turn ) .

After the first setup of device + drivers etc ( Technotrend TT-connect CT-3650 device ) return to the tv adapter screen check the enable CI but do not select the ci + feaures.

8714-pasted-from-clipboard-png

On the Philips TDA10023 DVB-C #0 i found out that works better if you set up the skip initial bytes to 1000 and status period to 2000

After that, insert your CI and wait.

This step can be done multiple times until you get the "dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully" message using the dmesg command via ssh

Reboot the device.

The device " should " automatically add the CI after like .... 120 + seconds (my average on my pi3 is 130 sec).

Scan your muxes, yes its still possible to some muxes to not work, but this device has the 9600 band so for my case its ok, sometimes its needed to rescan the specific mux multiple times.

After setting what you need, deactivate the other muxes to free up work force.

I incresed the gpu / cpu to 256 mb with the info found here . https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/config_txt

In my case my cable data is MPEG so i will buy a license for the cpu to make it run faster ,it's like 2.5 euros for the code you can find the instructions lower in the config site (MPEG2 and VC-1 Licenses)

Now the problems :

- Sometimes something goes wrong and the cpu is like attacked by the usb device at 50% cpu power and needs reboot, i dont know another method. (I think fast switching between channels makes the device cry)

- Filters help a lot via transporting and transconding the channels so i would recommand you to filter out each thing you dont need.

I would like a way to update the build to support at least pi3B+ for network improvements and i would love for a pi4 compatibility for booting for ssd but it still works.