NUC10i5 hangs randomly with sound looping

• So I think it started when I upgraded my NUC to some nightly build in July. Then it still happens with latest smp build from August. I believe it was never happening when I was running previous smp build, which I believe was built somewhere in February?

What happens is that randomly everything is freezing and the sound starts looping in some 0.2 sec cycle producing strange effect. Randomly means that sometimes nothing happens, sometimes it hangs twice or three times over 2 hours movie. When it happens I can only continue after hard reset.

Perhaps this is some driver problem. I tried this fix, but it didn't help. Just wondering if this is happening only to me, or anyone else experienced it?

I'm running now the latest smp build.

• I suppose this is a lot of words just to say that this is unknown problem and sorry, no solution out of the box :D

Here are two logs with two different hangs on the same MKV: debug and default. Both look somehow truncated, not sure why.

If this is driver issue (as it is my suspicion) you will not find too much in these logs.

The MKV itself is nothing special:

• So I updated NUC BIOS to latest #58 version from Aug 24, 2022 and then also switched Power/Dynamic Power Tech to Off.

And it didn't help, that test MKV still hangs. At least it is consistent (although it is not hanging in the same file position, sometimes it plays 40 min, sometimes 70 min before it hangs).

• Although it is not so bad now. After applaying all these changes described above it hanged only once and I'm unable to repeat it now. So perhaps this was not a driver problem but something related to NUC power management?

I enabled more detailed logs:

Code: advancedsettings.xml
    <advancedsettings>
        <loglevel>1</loglevel>
        <setting id="debug.extralogging">true</setting>
        <setting id="debug.setextraloglevel">128,2048,32768,262144</setting>
    </advancedsettings>

which generated 200+ MB log file after 2 hours of playing a movie, but perversity of inanimate objects prevented it from more hangs (so far), so nothing really interesting is captured.