TV Remote No Longer Works

• I was running LibreELEC 9.x on my Raspberry Pi 4 8GB for nearly two years without issues. Suddenly it stopped detecting the proper resolution of my TV and was stuck in 1024x768. I installed LibreELEC 10.0.3 to see if that would fix the problem and ended up with a blank screen. I forget what I changed, but the video came back, and now it's detecting the resolution properly. My next hurdle is to get the TV remote working again. I've searched the forum and found a thread about toggling the hdmi_ignore_cec_init in /flash/config.txt but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Please help me debug/correct this.

• What I originally did to get a video signal was edited the line in /flash/distroconfig.txt from dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-512 to dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d,cma-512 -- kms -> fkms.

I realized that it was recommended to put those kinds of changes in /flash/config.txt, so I reverted my change to the distro file and put this line in my config: dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d.

After a reboot, my TV controller started working!

I then edited my config again, commenting out that custom dtoverlay setting. After a reboot, my TV controller is still working!

I am now unsure of what caused or fixed the video signal issue, but everything is working with the stock configuration, so I am thrilled!