Flickering when playing Auto Trailers on some skins

• Hello,

I have created a similar thread on kodi forum and still waiting for a reply, and I really don't know the cause of the issue so I just want to know if it is a kodi, libreelec, or hardware problem.

So the issue I'm encountring on a fresh installation of LibreELEC 10.0.2 on RPi 3B is that after installing "Arctic Zephyr | Reloaded" skin from the Kodi repo I have noticed a flickering of movie trailers played from youtube when you stop on a movie poster in the widget, Here is a video example:

Kodi Example on Trailer Problem
    An Example on Trailer Problem on Kodi
    youtu.be

I also have the LOG here after enabling debugging and re-creating the issue again. http://ix.io/44Wi

When the problem happens trying to play the trailer of "The Iron Giant" as an example -The source of the trailer is youtube-, sometimes it only plays sound sometimes it is video with sound but with constant flickering as you can see above. Every thing is OK once I switch to full screen trailer.

Here is my player settings:

The problem also happens when you for example preview a channle on live tv in the channel list before switching to it with full screen, I mean when it is in a small window on the left. It is also worthy to mention that I have tried "Titan BINGIE MOD" skin and the same problem happens. Unfortunately I don't know how to test this on Estuary because I think this feature is not available.

I have tried different LEDs with Different cables as well to try to eliminate this part of the hardware as the source of the problem.

There is also some sluggish play or stuttering when playing any video file when you bring the OSD on the screen while the file is playing (like slowing down then play quickly)

The "Arctic Zephyr | Reloaded" skin maintainer told me in kodi forum that it is probably a Kodi/OS/Hardware issue since it happens with other skins as well. I have seen videos on youtube for people playing auto trailers without any problems but no one specified their hardware. I just need to know if there is any way to fix this on RP3.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Edited once, last by Softlander (July 22, 2022 at 1:40 PM).