WETEK Play 2 and build 10.85 Box

• I have been able to install the LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.85.0-box.img on my WETEK Play 2 box. It works great but I am not able to shut it down. Using the kodi menu any power option does a reboot. Using SSH and sending an init 0 works the same as an init 6. I currently pull the power plug when I want to shut it off. What am I not doing. After install I did not use the reset as it came right up. I f I reinstall 9.0.2 everything works fine. Thanks Kevin.

• I haven't noticed this myself, but a) I'm not using the WP2 for much, b) I've erased emmc to boot the box using the upstream u-boot image on SD card (the wetek-play2.img.gz file in my test share) which may do power things differently.

• Code
    cd /storage
    wget https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.85.0-wetek-play2.img.gz
    emmctool w LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.85.0-wetek-play2.img.gz

If you're feeling brave, that ^ should result in a WP2 box that boots from internal storage instead of SD card :)

• btw, doing some testing and I confirm that when you shutdown the box, it restarts itself again after a few seconds. I'll ping kernel maintainers on the topic but I'm not sure it will be resolved (or resolved quickly).

• chewitt

Thanks for taking the time to look at this. Yes it is strange that it acts this way. I thought maybe during creation and testing the shutdown was changed to reboot to save time while massaging the code. And yes I think it is a kernel as a init 0 does the same as a kodi shutdown. Thanks again and I will continue to just Unplug it.