FUSE support question

• Hello.

I have a Beelink GT1 Ultimate (gxm_q200) currently running Alexelec(coreelec fork) on SD.

The system boots correctly with the LE nightly and tvheadend can play content sent from another box.

The problem is when trying to mount a rclone unit as a service since fuse/fusermount is not included in libreelec.

Copying the fusermount binary in the same folder as rclone I can mount the unit (from putty with the command ./rclone mount remote: /storage/rclone/) it works, but when creating a service it gives the error :Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: fusermount: exec: "fusermount": executable file not found in $PATH.

Searching in the forum I found references to add folders to the PATH (PATH=$PATH:/usr/storage/fuse) in /storage/fuse is the fusermount binary, but the error continues.

I am a windows user and my linux knowledge is non-existent, any help is welcome.

Best regards.

Edited once, last by ekerose (July 11, 2022 at 9:22 AM).

• Hello. I have a Beelink GT1 Ultimate (gxm_q200) currently running Alexelec(coreelec fork) on SD.

I assume you're asking for help in here because the CE devs have no interest in supporting the piracy-ridden fork that rips off their efforts that you installed on your box. I'm equally disiniterested for a) the same reasons, b) because it's not even a fork of the modern-kernel codebase that LE uses today.

NB: As a random coincidence I created a device-tree for GT1-Ultimate earlier today for one of the Manjaro ARM devs to use, so support for the box should filter through to LE11 nightlies sometime soon.

• I assume you're asking for help in here because the CE devs have no interest in supporting the piracy-ridden fork that rips off their efforts that you installed on your box. I'm equally disiniterested for a) the same reasons, b) because it's not even a fork of the modern-kernel codebase that LE uses today.

NB: As a random coincidence I created a device-tree for GT1-Ultimate earlier today for one of the Manjaro ARM devs to use, so support for the box should filter through to LE11 nightlies sometime soon.

Hi.

I use that fork because it has tvheadend as native service and gives better performance than with coreelec/libreelec.

Coreelec no longer supports S912 and libreelec does, that's why I was trying it.

Fuse is available in previous libreelec versions, but not in libreelec 20 and my question was if fusermount is going to be implemented.

I had no interest in getting into discussions about whether it is a pirate fork or simila,simply i was using becose it was giving better performance in my case,,

Sorry if the question has felt wrong.

P.S. I am not asking for support for any fork, the question was about LE and I was explaining my current installation. I think my low level of English has led to misunderstandings.

Regards

Edited once, last by ekerose (July 8, 2022 at 8:17 AM).

• FUSE was historically used in the OS for NTFS and exFAT drivers. From our perspective it is no longer required as recent kernels have native drivers for both. I don't recall it being removed, but it's quite plausible that it's been dropped - and I wouldn't expect it to return. NB: That distro has deliberate "native" support for features which are strongly associated with piracy use-cases. Users might not care but we do.

• FUSE was historically used in the OS for NTFS and exFAT drivers. From our perspective it is no longer required as recent kernels have native drivers for both. I don't recall it being removed, but it's quite plausible that it's been dropped - and I wouldn't expect it to return. NB: That distro has deliberate "native" support for features which are strongly associated with piracy use-cases. Users might not care but we do.

I understand the developers' point of view about pirate uses of LE, even though it implies limiting legitimate uses of the system.

I am not the right person for this discussion and I consider my question closed.

Thank you very much for answering so clearly.

Regards.