questions to DigiBit R1 owner/user

• I'm running a refurbished DigiBit R1 (shot for 60 €) with lastest FW since ~4 years now with nearly no complaint's.

1. but sometimes the box hangs somehow just after the first boot:

- e.g. TVH is unable to connect

- the light for the SAT connections stays off

a reboot of the DigiBit fixes it (light is on, etc.)

2. another point is:

the DigiBit sometimes gets really hot (I guess ~60°) and this problem seems to be independent from it's hot outside (summertime) or if a TV channel is currently active.

maybe I need to mention:

* the DigiBit is powerplugged in an smart socket, auto. shutting it off when sucking less then 9 W over a timeframe of 120 min. (no TV channel is running)

but I've seen the "unable to connect to TVH"-problem *before* I bought the smart socket.

* gets a fixed DHCP IP address

* only 2 Sat ports in use

anyone seen the above ?

any fixes/pointers ?

Edited 2 times, last by GDPR-7 (June 27, 2022 at 6:56 PM).

• Are you using stock firmware or https://github.com/perexg/satip-axe ?

I switched to a Kathrein 8 tuner Unicable II set-up 18 months or so ago, but before that was using an R1 with the satip-axe firmware with no major issues.

I remember there were DHCP vs Static IP issues sometimes with the R1 - worth looking at threads in TV Headend forums.

• noggin, thanks for input !

no, I'm running last Org.-FW.

The satip-axe stuff is worth a try. It boots from external USB flash storage - you return to stock simply by removing the USB storage device and power cycling.

(It has more functionality in some areas - you can do the multi stream stuff at 5W with it, and it also allows for more customisation in LNB feeds)

• noggin, thanks for suggestions

I've been running (correct engl. ?) satip-axe before the last Org.-FW were out.

at that time satip-axe saved more power then the original FW.

AFAIK, this isn't the case anymore.

I do not have special need for LNB customisation.

thanks anyway !