Creating new Libreelec system

• Hi All,

I've decided to dump Windows and go with Libreelec and I could use some advice on a couple of issues.

So there is an understanding of what I'm working with, these are the system specs.

HP 8200 Elite PC

Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz

16GB DDR3 ram

2TB Seagate Hard Drive (boot drive)

4TB Seagate Hard Drive (Storage drive)

Gigabyte Geforce GT 430 with HDMI

I have IPTV AU and Radio AU as well as the channels 7, 9 and 10 catchup TV addons from the Slyguy repo running with Simple PVR (I haven't installed a tuner card as the house I'm in doesn't have an antenna)

I have ABC iView and SBS catchup TV addons from Aussie addons running

What I would like to do, and what I need help with, is: -

1. to setup an XBOX One wireless controller with a Microsoft USB receiver setup so I can use IAGL with the Kodi provided emulators.

or

to setup Playstation Dual Analog Controllers using a USB port.

My preference would be to use the Xbox controller, but I can be flexible on this.

and;

2. to be able to record tv shows from the guide

Could anyone please point me to a step-by-step tutorial or provide me with some guidance on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

• Start by installing LibreELEC and solve the problems one by one, for the boot disk 256 GB is enough, I don't think you will ever need anything bigger, mine after a year and a half is working at 51% capacity, my storage drive is 5TB because I also use it as my private cloud.

• I have an old nuc pc with 32GB emmc and LE takes approx 7GB of space with a plenty addons. It is much faster than HDD. The smallest SSD would be much better and use both HDD for the storage only.

Ditch the GPU, your CPU will decode video better then this old card.

XBOX One controller should work via cable ootb. even with wireless adapter.