[SOLVED] Rpi 4 - Okdo steel case - wi-fi

• I've ordered an Okdo steel case for a Raspberry Pi 4 which must, for various reasons, connect to my home LAN using wifi, not ethernet. Currently it's running LibreELEC 5.10.95 in a Pibow plastic case, connected to a TV via HDMI. After I placed the order and got a shipping notification, I realised that the Pi 4's wi-fi antenna might get blocked by the steel case. I know that metal cases don't always block wifi (my aluminium Flirc case on another Pi doesn't). I see the Okdo case has a slit for a "Display Cable" directly above the micro-SD card slot, which ought to admit some RF for the nearby wi-fi antenna. Also plenty of holes/slits in the top.

1. I wonder if anyone has tried this case with wi-fi? There aren't any reviews yet on the Okdo site.

2. If it turns out to be wi-fi blind, I have a USB wi-fi adapter that I have used with a Raspberry Pi Model B. Is it feasible to add that as a second adapter, and/or disable the Pi's onboard wi-fi?

3. If it is feasible, can I disable the onboard wi-fi and make LibreElec use the USB wi-fi adapter easily by maybe editing a config file somewhere?

Edited 2 times, last by contrex (June 11, 2022 at 4:04 PM).

• UPDATE - delivered today, works fine, no wi-fi blockage, signal fine. The actual case is black, which I prefer, although the Okdo website photo has a blue tint to my eyes.

Edited once, last by contrex (June 20, 2022 at 7:58 PM).