Posts by contrex

I tried installing an addon (Moe's TV from Kebelec), on my Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.2, and it all worked fine. Very pleased. Then I rebooted and LibreELEC said it had been disabled as it is for a 'wrong version'. I imagine it's the Python2 / Python3 thing, but it was disappointing when I actually saw the add-on doing what I wanted. I dug out a Pi Model B and installed Leia 9.2 on it to use the addon to watch RTVE catch-up TV. It works, but the old Pi is very slow.

Is there anyway to force acceptance of an older add-on, other than reverting to an earlier LibreELEC version? I guess not, but I though I'd ask.

I've ordered an Okdo steel case for a Raspberry Pi 4 which must, for various reasons, connect to my home LAN using wifi, not ethernet. Currently it's running LibreELEC 5.10.95 in a Pibow plastic case, connected to a TV via HDMI. After I placed the order and got a shipping notification, I realised that the Pi 4's wi-fi antenna might get blocked by the steel case. I know that metal cases don't always block wifi (my aluminium Flirc case on another Pi doesn't). I see the Okdo case has a slit for a "Display Cable" directly above the micro-SD card slot, which ought to admit some RF for the nearby wi-fi antenna. Also plenty of holes/slits in the top.

1. I wonder if anyone has tried this case with wi-fi? There aren't any reviews yet on the Okdo site.

2. If it turns out to be wi-fi blind, I have a USB wi-fi adapter that I have used with a Raspberry Pi Model B. Is it feasible to add that as a second adapter, and/or disable the Pi's onboard wi-fi?

3. If it is feasible, can I disable the onboard wi-fi and make LibreElec use the USB wi-fi adapter easily by maybe editing a config file somewhere?

I tried copying the binary, but it complains about not finding a shared library, libgrowl.so.0. I think I'll not worry too much. If I need to know if the HTPC goes on or off line I can whip up a Bash script running Nmap in WSL or one of my Linux boxes and run it with cron.

If I log in with SSH to LIbreELEC 5.10.95 on a Raspberry Pi 4, I can do df -h and see these figures which suggest I am using a bit over 500 MB in /storage. I am using a 16 GB SD card. When I do a backup using the LibreELEC backup add-on, to a NAS folder, it seems to take up about 8 GB of space according to TreeSize on Windows. Interestingly, if I choose Zip compression in the LibreELEC backup add-on, I get a Zip file about 200 MB in size. Can anyone explain why the uncompressed backup is so much bigger?

I am used to using gntp-send on Linux boxes on my LAN to send messages to Growl running on my Windows PC. It would be kind of useful if I could somehow send messages from LibreELEC 5.10.95 running on a Raspberry Pi 4, e.g. to say that the device is online, has completed a task, etc. Is there any kind of addon or plugin that would allow some kind of messaging?