Using two Wifi Adapters in LibreElect on Raspberry Pi 4?

• I have a Raspberry Pi 4 that I have installed LibreElec on that I use a media center in my car for the kids. I'd like to be able to add a second WiFi adapter so I can have one (probably the built-in one) connected to my phone to be able to watch content back on my home Plex server, and a second one acting as a wireless AP so my kids can connect their tablets to it and play minecraft together.

When I go into settings I can successfully change the built-in wifi to AP mode, but when I do so, it doesn't give me any kind of option about using the second wireless adapter that I've used with other Raspberry Pis in the past.

How can I get them both working?

• Well I'm not sure what changed, but suddenly both my wifi adapters are showing up!

I *think* what happened was I disabled AP mode and had it connected to my home internet with the second WiFi adapter connected and an update was installed for the Realtek Wifi adapter I use...maybe? I also installed a firmware update for the Raspberry pi that updated it to one released in 2022 so it's possible that fixed it as well.

Sorry I can't be more specific but they both happened at the same time. I can confirm that I can connect to the AP I set up on the Pi and I can also connect to the Pi over SSH using the second wireless adapter.