Disable "wake on boot" not working - CEC issue

• I installed Libreelec via Noobs on my RPi3. Everything is going great after some networking bugs. But I have this device connected to a projector that I don't ever want to turn on without me doing it explicitly. As far as I can find, I cannot disable "wake on HDMI" on the projector. The projector remote doesn't support CEC anyway so I turned that off completely (disabled the add-on) within Kodi, and I already had the hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 uncommentted by default in the config.txt, didn't even have to change that. The projector will still wake when the RPi reboots though. I've turned off enough things that it doesn't automatically actually display the HDMI input for the RPi, but it still turns on. Wasted bulb time.

I read somewhere that Noobs will have its own HDMI CEC wake thing, but I can't find exactly what to do to make sure this feature is also off, if that's even the issue.

Any help? I just NEVER want HDMI to wake up the projector or do anything.

• Capture the projector's EDID data to a static edid.bin file and configure the RPi3 to use this. It's normally used to address issues where the HTPC device is powered on before the TV (and thus HTPC doesn't detect audio and resolutions correctly) but it means the RPi always sees the TV (or Projector) as present and all you do is turn the projector off/on as needed. Instructions should be in the wiki.